Wednesday, September 30, 2015

THE MUSIC OF YOUR LIFE

THE MUSIC OF YOUR LIFE EVERY Sunday morning When we woke up When we were growing up MY sisters and I Would wake up To my dad Playing the HI-FI We would awaken to Andy Williams-Dean Martin-Theresa Brewer- Perry Como-Bobby Vinton And any of a myriad Of other performers THE MUSIC OF OUR LIFE Along with that We would awaken to the smell Of bacon-sausage-eggs-pancakes- And of course-coffee and orange juice What a GREAT FAMILY LIFE My sisters and I had From my dad and mom Beautiful memories-FAMILY MEMORIES Memories that have lasted A LIFE TIME ALL because we had a family BUILT UPON LOVE “On the aspens of that land We hung up our harps” Psalm 137:2 In today's readings We read about the Israelites In exile in Babylon They are also In deep mourning They ask themselves- “HOW can we sing The songs of the Lord While in a foreign land?” Psalm 137:4 BUT the truth is We have to make THE MUSIC OF OUR LIFE Wherever we are Wherever we live My father is 15 years And 1500 miles removed from me And this world And his music Is as ALIVE in me today As it was 40 years ago THE MUSIC OF GOD THE MUSIC OF LIFE The music of love and Jesus LIVE in my soul “I will sing And make music To the Lord” Psalm 27:6 “SHOUT for joy To the Lord All the earth BURST into jubilant song And music” Psalm 98:4 But I do UNDERSTAND How the Israelites Felt at that time The death of a loved one The loss of a job A bad health diagnosis I STILL REMEMBER The day my dad died October 13th, 2000 I REMEMBER the piper Playing-”OH DANNY BOY” And I remember a line From a Don McLean song ( “Bye-bye-Miss American Pie- THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED”) But the truth is In me-the music will NEVER DIE The music of my dad and mom's life LIVE ON IN ME In my sisters- And in their four beautiful grandchildren The Israelites Don't wallow in their hopelessness Amid dire circumstances The cling to their FAITH And I will cling to mine As my father and mother TAUGHT ME TOO I will MAKE THE MUSIC OF MY LIFE This day And every day Just like it was 1970 ALL over again And I HOPE YOU WILL TOO Robert P. Wallman 9-29-15

No comments:

Post a Comment