Wednesday, September 9, 2015

KEEPING YOUR COMMITMENTS AND PROMISES TO GOD AND OTHERS

KEEPING OUR COMMITMENTS AND PROMISES TO GOD AND TO OTHERS Have you ever made A commitment or promise To God Or a commitment or PROMISE To another human being Maybe in a marriage- Perhaps Well-if you have And you have done Your BEST To keep that promise Or commitment Your life is A BLESSING IN ACTION “EVERY DAY Will I bless you........” Psalm 145:2 Well As most of you know I made a deathbed promise- Commitment-or my own PERSONAL COVENANT To God “TO LIVE For my family-friends- And ALL people- EVERYWHERE” And you know What happened? WHEN I got to be In my 30's I PRAYED to God To RELEASE me From my promise That I needed a woman And family of my own And the Lord said “NO” (A promise is a promise) “May your UNFAILING LOVE Come to me Lord Your salvation According to your promise” Psalm 119:41 “My comfort In my suffering is this Your promise PRESERVES my life” Psalm 119:50 And a few years later I rededicated my life TO LOVING God And LIVING for others And I have Never looked back And my life is At least-I HOPE A BLESSING IN ACTION For others “Blessings CROWN the head Of the righteous” Proverbs 10:6 And I am indeed A BLESSED human being In this world-for oh So many reasons But today We CELEBRATE Another great man Another great Saint- Peter Claver A man whose parents WORRIED about Peter's inability To make up his mind About his future Peter vacillated About entering the Jesuits But eventually He was sent to- Cartagena, Columbia One of the principal ports Of the sea trade And he never looked back And his life Became a BLESSING IN ACTION For others As yours can As mine can IF we keep our commitments And promises to God and to others MAY we follow Our example of Jesus- Of Peter And may they HELP US KEEP our commitments and promises As we turn our lives Into BLESSINGS in action For others Robert P. Wallman 9-8-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Bridget Haase, O.S.U.

No comments:

Post a Comment