Sunday, October 4, 2015

MARRIED TO THE CHURCH

WITNESS 5-27-13 MARRIED TO THE CHURCH Growing up AS a young man in Pittsburgh, Pa. ALL I ever thought of As I got older Was going to college Meeting a woman That I very much loved And raising a family In other words-like many of us I wanted to-pursue THE AMERICAN DREAM Then came my 22nd birthday My first deathbed experience And my promise to GOD: “To live for my family My friends And ALL people everywhere” About 2005 or 2006 I finally began to realize That God had a different plan for me Than I had for myself A different plan for me Than he had for most others Like Jesus I was to be committed To God and the CHURCH SO I FOLLOW CHRIST AS MOST ALL of us do As he is the Head of the Church “For the husband Is the head of the wife As Christ is the head of the church His body Of which he is the Savior” Ephesians 5:23 “After all No one ever hated his own body But he feeds and cares for it Just as Christ does the church- For we are members of his body ‘For this reason A man will leave His father and mother And be united to his wife And the two Will become one flesh’ This is a profound mystery But I am talking about Christ and the church” Ephesians 5:32 So I believe I have A different calling than you Not better or worse-just different I have a friend I call her “Maggie” And she is my sister in Christ And my soul mate (a purely platonic relationship) She says that she believes That I was Never meant to share my life With just one woman Because I can reach SO MANY So Christ Was married to the church And he had Mary Magdalene Following in his footsteps In my own “little” way I have my friend Maggie I BELIEVE The church to BE a FAMILY And I believe in FAMILY UNITY Both in the church AND IN FAMILIES UNITY IS SO PRECIOUS I just don’t understand HOW THE CHURCH HAS BROKEN into so many pieces As I don’t understand HOW families break apart Well-FOR what it is I WILL REMAIN Married to the church And to my own PRECIOUS FAMILY And most importantly I will remain-COMMITTED to my promise And married to God And PRAY that God Will make something Out of my life and yours For we are all “PRECIOUS IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD” Psalm 116:15 Robert P. Wallman 5-15-13 Ps Maggie has been my friend since 2006 She has attended five different churches with me -Four different denominations She CONTINUES to be my BF WITNESS 5-27-13 misc. WITNESS 2-9-14 10-4-15=I don't hear from Maggie much anymore-BUT I thank God for ALL the many women-and the churches WHOM have become a part of my LIFE GOD has a PLAN for your life and for mine-and GOD CAN make something fantastic-out of a life that otherwise would be nothing-JUST GIVE HIM THE CHANCE= I LOVE YOU LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment