Wednesday, February 10, 2016

FAT TUESDAY AND DONUTS=THE BEGINNINGS OF LENT=AND A LOT TO PONDER

FAT TUESDAY & DONUTS= THE BEGINNINGS OF LENT= AND A LOT TO PONDER Today we have Mardis Gras In New Orleans- The party of all parties Today is also known as “FAT TUESDAY”- The day we are supposed to have Our donuts and other baked goods- For tomorrow begins Lent-when we are SUPPOSED to deprive ourselves some= In HONOR of our Lord I didn't have any donuts today-but By the looks of me-you can tell- I have had my share of donuts In my time And tomorrow is ASH WEDNESDAY-and The beginning of Lent- And the beginning of 40 days- To PONDER the life of Christ And ALL of what he gave up For us And the eternal life To which we can look forward to “But WHEN you pray Go to your inner room CLOSE the door And pray to your Father In secret” Matthew 6:6 I have done much thinking About God-about Jesus-and About my very own life WHILE on the flat of my back In my bed-in my room About HOW and WHAT I can do To LIVE my life MOST like Christ Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday And we will be marked With ashes on our forehead- Dust if you will “REMEMBER that you are dust And dust you shall return” Ash Wednesday Marks the beginning of Lent And the 40 days leading up to CHRIST'S own death and RESURRECTION “Our days may come To 70 years Or eighty If our strength endures Yet the best of them Are but trouble And sorrow For they quickly pass And we fly away” Psalm 90:10 In other words- You will live till 70- 80 if you are STRONG And much of your life You will be faced with trouble But if you attach your life To God and Christ-you can FIND ETERNAL HAPPINESS for life In the PRESENCE of the Lord “Who can live And not see death Or who can escape The power of the grave?” Psalm 89:48 CHRIST'S VICTORY over death Means EVERYTHING to me And THE WAY that I live my life I turned 61 years young last month And I am most likely In the last quarter of my life My dad died at 68- Mom at 75 And yet because I AM A CHRISTIAN Because I am a CHRIST FOLLOWER I am NOT afraid BEING A Christian Means living every day Of our life-WITH HOPE And I look forward To my final day on earth- WHEN HOPEFULLY-I hear From God and Christ- “His master replied 'WELL DONE- Good and faithful servant! You have been faithful In a few things I will put you In charge of many things Come and SHARE Your master's happiness!'” Matthew 25:21 SPENDING ETERNITY with my master- And God-my parents-and my family and friends I think I WILL PONDER THAT TODAY (and I HOPE you do too) Robert P. Wallman 2-9-16

No comments:

Post a Comment