Wednesday, February 17, 2016

PRAY ALWAYS-PRAY UNCEASINGLY!=PRAYER IS TRULY OUR BEST WEAPON!

PRAY ALWAYS!-PRAY UNCEASINGLY!- IT IS OUR BEST WEAPON! We should pray always For PRAYER is our best weapon Particularly in Lent There are many types Of prayer ONE'S WHOLE LIFE Can be a prayer At least That is the way That I approach it For prayer is simply the OPENING Of our mind-and soul- And heart to God “Jesus said to his disciples 'In praying Do not babble Like the pagans- Who think they will be HEARD- Because of their many words'” Matthew 6:7 Prayer should be from the heart And it should be SINCERE Pray always Pray unceasingly There are MANY Different types of prayer There are those-that We recite The Our Fathers, Hail Mary's, Glory Be's Which I say and USE every day To constitute and pray MY ROSARY But my FAVORITE KIND Of prayer Is from the heart Like what I said On my deathbed- WHEN I was 22 “I don't think God wants me to die But if he does There must be a REASON But if he wants me to LIVE- I would live for my FAMILY- My friends- And for all people EVERYWHERE” I have repeated that prayer To myself-at least ONCE a daily For the last 39 years PRAY always Pray unceasingly PRAYER is our BEST WEAPON “The Lord has heard My cry for mercy The Lord ACCEPTS our prayer” Psalm 6:9 “The Lord is far From the wicked But he HEARS the prayers Of the righteous” Proverbs 15:29 “Therefore-I tell you- WHATEVER you ask for in prayer BELIEVE that you have received it And it will be yours” Mark 11:24 Pray always Pray without ceasing PRAYER IS OUR BEST WEAPON In fact-Jesus gave us instructions- “Pray ALWAYS without becoming weary” Luke 18:1 (The Parable of the PERSISTENT WIDOW) And Saint Paul said: “Rejoice always-PRAY CONTINUALLY- Give thanks in all circumstances For this is God's will in you In Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Dear Lord-HELP us to: PRAY ALWAYS and PRAY UNCEASINGLY For PRAYER truly is OUR BEST AND GREATEST WEAPON Robert P. Wallman 2-16-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mitch Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment