Tuesday, February 9, 2016

LOOKING TO IMPROVE-Christ ALONE!

LOOKING TO IMPROVE- CHRIST ALONE IF you are like me You are constantly looking For better ways to WORSHIP GOD Better works- new prayers- Maybe better devotions But we do this Because we LOVE GOD And want to PLEASE HIM Even more NOT because of any kind Of tradition-that has been handed down “You nullify the word of God In favor of tradition That you have handed on” Mark 7:13 It's about LOVE-it is About PLEASING GOD It is not about tradition CHRIST ALONE is our salvation It is about-a personal relationship With God and Christ “The Lord is my LIGHT And my SALVATION- Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the STONGHOLD Of my life- Of whom Shall be afraid?” Psalm 27:1 “May your UNFAILING LOVE Come to me Lord Your salvation- According to your PROMISE” Psalm 119:41 “For this is what The Lord has commanded us: 'I have made you A LIGHT for the Gentiles That you may bring salvation To the ends of the earth'” Acts 13:47 BEFORE we take up A new project-or start a new project- Or go in a new direction We need to take it up With the HOLY SPIRIT To see if this is What God really wants From us We need to GUARD Against pride- Or the temptation To try and take our salvation Into our own hands For the last that I looked- PRIDE was NOT one Of the FRUITS of the SPIRIT But more like ONE of the seven deadly sins “To fear the Lord Is to hate evil I hate pride and arrogance- Evil behavior-and perverse speech” Proverbs 8:13 OUR SALVATION and the salvation Of ALL BELONG to God ALONE Christ ALONE is our salvation NOT any traditions It is God's work- It is the work of CHRIST ALONE For the IMPROVEMENT In us I am definitely doing my BEST To improve in this world To be a better person To PRAY more diligently But for sure-CHRIST ALONE- IS the measuring stick Christ is the WORD Christ is the ONE Who HEALS and PURIFIES me/us Christ is the INSPIRATION For our good works And our PRAYERS ARE for other individuals And the GLORY OF CHRIST May we ALL be so fortunate To IMPROVE For God- AND CHRIST ALONE Robert P. Wallman 2-8-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAZINE by Elizabeth Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment