Wednesday, June 21, 2017

DEPENDING ON OUR FATHER=GOD



















DEPENDING ON OUR FATHER=GOD


We are all DEPENDENT on
Our Father=God=so was Jesus=
Especially Jesus


For Jesus had the DIVINE CONNECTION
With his Father=and he was always
REACHING OUT to his FATHER-
In prayer


So much so=that he goes on
To TEACH his disciples=and us
THE OUR FATHER


“This is HOW
You are to PRAY.........” Matthew 6:9


These WORDS=THE OUR FATHER........,
ENCOURAGE our utter dependence
On God


In fact=MOST of us
Were taught=the OUR FATHER=
At a very young age-
By our parents=
Or in PRIVATE or CATHOLIC SCHOOL


And how OFTEN=I remember=
Kneeling down BESIDE my bed-
Lowering my head-and PRAYING-
To our FATHER


THE LORD OUR GOD


I was=I am=
DEPENDING on our Father=GOD=
ALL the days of my life
From a young boy


And probably you are too=since
You were a young girl or boy


“MY salvation and my honor
DEPEND on God


He is my mighty rock=
My refuge” Psalm 62:7


“Leave your fatherless children
I will KEEP them ALIVE


Your widow too
CAN DEPEND on me” Jeremiah 49:11


Yes sir=We can ALL
DEPEND on God=
Depend on God our FATHER


“Our Father-
Who art in HEAVEN........,”


Eventually we came
To KNOW these words
By HEART


And as the years PASSED
We came to
TAKE these words TO HEART


And we NEVER lost awareness
Of our DEPENDENCY
On God OUR FATHER


DEPENDING on our FATHER=GOD


“As a Father-
Has compassion
On his children


So the Lord
Has COMPASSION
On those
Who fear him” Psalm 103:13


“LISTEN to your Father-
Who gave you LIFE


And do not despise
Your mother
WHEN she gets old” Proverbs 23:22


“ALL things have been committed
To me
By my Father


NO ONE knows-the Son-
Except the Father


And no one knows the FATHER-
EXCEPT the Son


And those to whom-
The SON chooses to REVEAL him” Matthew 11:27


Dear FRIENDS-we have been CHOSEN
By the SON=
He has REVEALED his FATHER
To us


And we must REMEMBER=
What we LEARNED as children
To be OPEN to God-our FATHER-
ALL the days of OUR LIVES


In the name=of the SON=
JESUS OUR LORD


Robert P. Wallman
6-22-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. James Stephen Behrens, O.C.S.O.




No comments:

Post a Comment