Wednesday, June 28, 2017

THE FINAL KICK!



















THE FINAL KICK


I have been ALIVE=now=
For 62+ years


While there have been
MANY close calls
I am STILL alive
And kicking


And I am getting READY
For the FINAL KICK of the race
WITH OUR LORD


And I PLAN on finishing STRONG=
These last 5=20=or 20 years=or
LORD KNOWS how many years
That I may have left in me


Finishing strong=FINISHING the race=
I FEEL like I will have
A strong FINAL KICK


“I have COMPETED well-I have-
FINISHED the race=
I have KEPT THE FAITH” 2 Timothy 4:7


I have LIVED my life
In FAITH=I will COMPLETE my life
In faith


And I plan on finishing STRONG
Finishing the race=
With my FINAL KICK


As a=
WANT-to be- MARATHONER=running
2 Timothy 4:7


Has LONG been
ONE of my favorite readings=
But LIFE is a marathon
And I DESPERATELY
WANT TO finish the race strong


With the=MY=
FINAL KICK POSITIVELY


A faster pace SPIRITUALLY
In the end=than in
The beginning


Almost IMPOSSIBLE for me=
But I will TRY


Try to FINISH the race
STRONG


“The race is
NOT to the swift
Or battle
To the strong


Nor does food
COME to the wise
Or wealth
To the brilliant


Or FAVOR to the learned
But TIME AND CHANCE
HAPPEN to them all” Ecclesiastes 9:11


“However-I CONSIDER-
My life worth NOTHING at all


My only AIM
Is to finish the RACE-
To COMPLETE the task
The Lord Jesus
Has GIVEN to me


The task of TESTIFYING
To the good news
Of GOD'S GRACE” Acts 20:24


“........
And let us RUN
With PERSEVERANCE
The race


MARKED out for us-
FIXING our eyes on Jesus


The pioneer=and
PERFECTER OF THE FAITH” Hebrews 12:1-2


MY deathbed PROMISE at age 22=
Was to=”LIVE for my family=my friends=
And ALL people EVERYWHERE”


My friends=WON'T YOU RUN
These final years with me?


As we THROW IT
Into high gear
And LET all the world KNOW=
That the LORD has sent us


And LET all the world know
That Jesus is our LORD-
And our God


MAKING MY FINAL KICK=in to
The GOOD NAME of Christ Jesus
The SON=and to the LORD GOD OUR FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
6-28-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Kristin Armstrong




No comments:

Post a Comment