Saturday, September 2, 2017

A DEEP PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD



















A DEEP PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD


Are you INTIMATE
With God? And what
DOES that mean?


Being intimate with God MEANS
Having a DEEPLY PERSONAL relationship
With God=it IS a lot like
A marriage


You are TOGETHER through
Thick and thin=and just like
A marriage=WHEN you NEED
Your partner to CARRY the ball=


God is THERE to CARRY YOU-
However far you NEED to go


“O God-you ARE my God-
Whom I seek” Psalm 63:2


In TODAY'S readings=
Jeremiah speaks of his INTIMACY
With God


He is HONEST with God


“You duped me,” he says Jeremiah 20:7


Jeremiah describes his sufferings
And how he has ENDURED them


He wants to QUIT
Being a prophet-
But he CAN'T-because-
His HEART becomes like
A BURNING FIRE


“But if I say
'I will NOT mention his word
Or speak anymore---
In his name


HIS WORD is IN my heart
Like a FIRE


A fire shut up
In my bones


I am weary
Of holding it-indeed-
I CANNOT” Jeremiah 20:9


I am a lot like-
JEREMIAH=my soul BURNS with PASSION
FOR the Lord


And if I am HONEST
I can barely go THROUGH a day
Without writing=without GIVING
My LIFE & LOVE to God
And to Jesus


BURNING for a DEEP
PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with God
Just like Jeremiah-
Just like OUR JESUS


And if YOU are honest=
I will bet your soul
BURNS WITH PASSION-
For our Lord too


Passion for that DEEP=
Personal relationship with God
That CLOSE RELATIONSHIP


“The Lord is CLOSE
To the brokenhearted-
And SAVES those
Who are CRUSHED in spirit” Psalm 34:18


Paul says INTIMACY with God
Means OFFERING our bodies
As a LIVING SACRIFICE
To God


Something I did do=when
I was 22=and on my deathbed


And Jesus tells us-INTIMACY with God
Is THINKING as God thinks
And TAKING UP our cross
And FOLLOWING Jesus


“Then Jesus said to his disciples-
'WHOEVER wants to BE my disciples
MUST deny themselves=
And take up their CROSS
And FOLLOW ME'” Matthew16:24


COME with me my FRIENDS=let us
MOVE FORWARD into a DEEP-PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
With Jesus


In the name of JESUS OUR LORD=
And his HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
9-2-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.






No comments:

Post a Comment