Sunday, September 17, 2017

BELIEVING AND NOT SEEING



















BELIEVING & NOT SEEING


Today we READ
Of the CENTURION SOLDIER=
A man of GREAT FAITH


A man UNLIKE=our FAMOUS
Saint Thomas=who had to see
TO BELIEVE


He=the centurion= was a man
Of BOTH obedience and command
A SOLDIER=and he was USED
To being in CONTROL


“For I too am a person-
SUBJECT to authority


With soldiers subject to me” Luke 7:8


It is EASY to TRUST God
When are lives are going
Just right=when they=our LIVES
Are under control


Like when we are making
VISIBLE=moral improvements
In our life


Or when we have OVERCOME
An addiction=it is easy
To SEE GOD then


But what about
When our lives are PLUMMETING
Out of control


Like when a catastrophic illness strikes
Or when we lose a job
Or an IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP


“But the man
Who has SETTLED the matter
In his own mind


Who is under NO COMPULSION
But has CONTROL
Over his own will


And who has made up his mind
NOT TO marry the virgin=
This man also
Has done the RIGHT THING” 1 Corinthians 7:37


OUR CENTURION SOLDIER
BELIEVED in Jesus=and believed
SO MUCH that he
Did not have to see


“That is why-
I do not even
Consider myself
WORTHY to come to you


But SAY the word
And my servant will be HEALED
…......” Luke 7:6


Jesus was AMAZED at his FAITH
And said:
“I tell you=I have not found
Such GREAT FAITH=even in ISRAEL” Luke 7:9


I too have EXPERIENCED
Several near-death experiences=
But because of MY FAITH=
I have SURVIVED


And then we have Thomas=
Who NEEDED to SEE to believe


I will leave it to Jesus
Who ALWAYS said everything BEST


“Then Jesus told him(Thomas)
'BECAUSE you have seen me
You have believed


BLESSED are those who
Have NOT SEEN-
And yet have BELIEVED” John 20:25


Our LORD=we PRAY for the FAITH
Of the ROMAN SOLDIER=
And all those who NEED
To see to believe=
To have MORE FAITH


In the NAME of OUR LORD Jesus and
HIS MOST HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
9-15-17 for MONDAY 9-18-17




Ps INSPIRED for an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Eve Tushnet








No comments:

Post a Comment