Sunday, April 29, 2018

GOD LOVE YOU AND SO DO I






















GOD LOVES YOU!-
and so do I




I often tell people-
“GOD LOVES YOU!-
And so do I”


Imagine-my surprise
WHEN I ran across
That very saying
At a Christian book store
On plaques and coffee cups


Needless to say
I bought a couple


I have also ran across
That saying
In religious books-poems-banners-
And bumper stickers


DO YOU really believe that
GOD DOES love you
And more importantly
DO YOU LOVE GOD
And
Do you remain LOYAL to the Lord


“AS the Father loves me-
So I also love you
REMAIN in my love” John 15:9


The message that
“GOD LOVES YOU!”
Should make us feel
At peace
And make it easier
For us
To RETURN our love to God


By the way
SO DO I


That is what
As Christians
We are called to do
Jesus said: “LOVE ONE ANOTHER” John 15:12


So I ask you again
Do you love God
And do you LOVE OTHERS


Do you STILL LOVE God
WHEN some tragedy or illness strikes
Or when someone CLOSE to you passes away


Do I QUESTION my love
For God
In these moments
Or do I REMAIN
LOYAL TO GOD


“And HOPE (in God)
Does not disappoint us
Because God has POURED OUT
His love
Into our hearts
By the Holy Spirit
Whom he has GIVEN US” Romans 5:5


And while
We are LOVING ONE ANOTHER
Let us remember
That the ancient Greek philosophy
USED three words to express LOVE


Philia-is a common friendship-
KIND OF LOVE


Eros-is an affection
Or sexual kind of love


And AGAPE is an
UNCONDITIONAL kind of love


The kind of love
GOD has for us
And the kind of love
(IF we are TRUE CHRISTIANS)
We are to have for each other
AS CHRIST'S DISCIPLES


“Let NO DEBT remain outstanding
Except the CONTINUING DEBT
To LOVE one another


For he who loves
His fellow man
Has FULFILLED the law” Romans 13:8


SO CONTINUE to love God
And each other


Through illness and physical pain
Through financial hardship
And through relationship difficulties


BE CONSISTENT to this
In good times and bad


What could be
More unconditional than that


GOD LOVES YOU!
And so do I


Today-and every day
OF YOUR LIFE


Robert P. Wallman
May 12th, 2015




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH magazine by Father James McKarns



No comments:

Post a Comment