Wednesday, April 4, 2018

SEEKING JESUS=IN THE ROUTINE AND THE ORDINARY




















SEEKING JESUS=
IN THE ROUTINE AND THE ORDINARY


The disciples and the apostles
Had SEEN perform
ALL the extraordinary miracles


Perhaps that is WHY
They did NOT recognize him
After the RESURRECTION


Jesus changed his appearance
And he APPEARS to them
In the ROUTINE and
ORDINARY EVENTS of their lives


“LOOK at my hands
And my feet


That is I myself” Luke 24:39


Jesus had just ACCOMPANIED
His two disciples
On the road to Emmaus


And he was recognized
ONLY in the breaking
Of the bread


Now Jesus
Was FACING the challenge
Of again
AFFIRMING his RISEN LIFE


The EMMAUS companions
Had just finished telling
Their incredible story
To the REST of the group


When Jesus APPEARS to them again


Luke uses the words
“Startled,” “terrified,” and “SEEING
A ghost,”
To describe their reactions


SEEKING Jesus=how STARTLED
We become when we
FIND God=when we find Jesus
During the routine and ORDINARY
Events of our lives


SEEKING Jesus?=You will=
I will=we ALL will find him
Just as they found him
Years ago


“I seek you
With all my HEART


Do not let me
Stray from your commands” Psalm 119:10


“I LOVE those who love me
And those who seek me=
FIND ME” Proverbs 8:17


“And without FAITH
It is impossible
To please God


Because anyone
Who comes to him
Must BELIEVE


That he exists
And he REWARDS those
Who earnestly SEEK HIM” Hebrews 11:6


Jesus USES the routine
And the ordinary
To PROVE his existence
To the disciples


And TAKES them
To the LIMITS
Of their HUMAN UNDERSTANDING


He shows us
His hands and his feet
And his flesh and bones


He EVEN eats a piece
Of fish
Right in front of them


THE PROOF
Is in the ordinary


“When they saw
The COURAGE of Peter and John


And realized
That they were unschooled
ORDINARY MEN


They were astonished
And took note
That these men
Had BEEN with Jesus” Acts 4:13


As this day UNFOLDS=
Dear Lord we PRAY


That we RECOGNIZE
The PRESENCE of JESUS
In the ROUTINE AND ORDINARY
EVENTS of our life


The LIFE of Jesus=RISEN and ALIVE=
Is among us


In the NAMES of Jesus our LORD=and HIS MOST LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
4-4-18




Ps INSPIRED by an artcile in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.







No comments:

Post a Comment