Wednesday, October 3, 2012







OCTOBER 4th, 2012


SAINT FRANCIS-OUR IMITATOR OF CHRIST


He is
A man of the 13th century
A man widely regarded
To be
The closest imitation of Christ
That ever walked this earth

He is
A person
Probably known
To everyone
Even in art, literature, and music

He is known
As the poor humble Saint
The man who
Gave up everything
For his Christianity

If Christianity is Christ
And it is
He is the truest of all Christians
He founded the Franciscan order
And had
A great love for Our Lady

But I think
What touches me the most
About Saint Francis
Is that
He found what we are all looking for
Peace

Jesus said
“My peace I leave with you
My peace I give to you”
And Saint Francis found
God’s peace
Jesus’ peace

So Saint Francis
Our closest imitator of Christ
Help us
To find that same peace

Be our inspiration
And help us to live
A life like you

A life dedicated
To our great and glorious God
And to live
With
A right faith
A firm hope
And according to God’s most perfect will

PEACE

Robert P. Wallman
5-12-10

Ps        Today-October 4th-is Saint Francis’ feast day

It also would have been my Uncle Don’s birthday.
Once-when he was visiting me-I dropped my Saint
Francis statue-his hand broke off-and Uncle Don glued it
Back together for me-May you rest in peace Uncle Don.

Saint Francis is also widely known as THE POOR MAN’S
SAINT.  He gave up everything to follow GOD and CHRIST.

“BLESSED are the POOR in SPIRIT
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven”                         Matthew 5:3


No comments:

Post a Comment