Sunday, February 15, 2015

A QUESTION THAT MUST BE ANSWERED

















A QUESTION THAT MUST BE ANSWERED




In the ninth chapter
of Saint Luke's gospel
Jesus and his disciples
Are PRAYING PRIVATELY


He asks his disciples:


“WHO do the crowds
Say I am?” Luke: 9:18


They replied:


“SOME say
John the Baptist


Others say Elijah


And still others
ONE of the prophets
Of long ago
That has come back
TO LIFE” Luke 9:19


“BUT what about you,” he asked
WHO do you say that I am?”


Peter answered,
“THE CHRIST OF GOD” Luke 9:20


At this
Jesus warned the disciples
NOT to tell anyone


BUT WHAT ABOUT US
His 21st century apostles and disciples
WHO do we say
That he is


This disciple KNOWS
Knows like Peter
That he is
“The Christ of God”


The GOD OF LIFE
and the GOD OF LOVE


This disciple
Knows that God and Jesus
Are the reason


That I walked away
From my deathbed
Three times in 1977


That I walked away
From 4 critical situations
On my birthday
In the late 1970's
And early 1980's


THE GOD OF LIFE


This disciple
Knows that he is
THE ONE


Who sustains me
In every situations


Tho one
Who sustains me
TO LIVE AND TO LOVE


What about you
Who do you say
That Jesus is


IT is a question
That must be answered
In the course
OF EVERY LIFE


And it is
A QUESTION OF FAITH


It is
A QUESTION OF LOVE


Another way
That we might answer this
Is to say:


Bob/Robert says:


“You are Christ
THE ANOINTED ONE!


You are the SAVIOR
Of the world


You are MY LIGHT
You are MY SALVATION”


I KNOW this to be TRUE
We are ALL
WALKING/TALKING MIRACLES


Owing our lives
Owing our love
To God and Christ


WHO do you say
That he is?


IT IS
A question
That MUST be answered
During your life time


I HOPE
That you will
Come to the SAME conclusion
As Peter


The SAME CONCLUSION
As myself


And the same conclusion
As the army officer
STANDING at the foot
Of the cross
Who said:


“This man
Was really the SON OF GOD” Mark 15:39


It is
A matter of FAITH
But our very lives
Make us LIVING PROOF


Robert P. Wallman
October 14th, 2014




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Macrina Weiderkehr, O.S.B.


2-15-15








No comments:

Post a Comment