Tuesday, July 21, 2015

DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER

DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER Growing up WERE you close To your dad Did you TRY To obey What he told you To do Jesus was Jesus did And WHEN he was praying To him In the garden of Gethsemane With his apostles and friends All asleep He still had THE PRESENCE OF MIND And obedience to say “MY Father IF it is possible May this cup Be taken away from me Yet NOT As I will But as you will” Matthew 26:39 So ALWAYS Do the WILL Of your own father and mother- And pay attention To what and who Your earthly brothers and sisters are But also REMEMBER Who your HEAVENLY relatives are: “For WHOEVER DOES the will Of my heavenly Father IS my brother, sister, and mother” Matthew 12:50 SO-of course-I LOVE-my earthly sisters And ALL my earthly relatives BUT I also LOVE ALL of you My heavenly brothers and sisters In Christ YOU KNOW-who you are- For I make NO SECRET of it I LOVE ALL of you dearly too Jesus was ALWAYS MOTIVATED By doing his FATHER'S WILL ALL the way To the point Of his death I too Like my HERO-Jesus Always try to do The will Of my HEAVENLY FATHER What a great motivating factor “ALL a person's ways SEEM pure to them But motives Are WEIGHED by the Lord” Proverbs 16:2 DOING the WILL Of the Lord And the things of today Are very DIFFERENT Than they were 2000 years ago So things today May call for different actions But SOME THINGS are FOR SURE: WE can't go wrong By loving THE GOD OF LOVE We can't go wrong By loving others And we can't go wrong By being KIND AND FORGIVING OTHERS We know for certain That doing these things Are certainly: “DOING THE WILL OF GOD” To do The WILL OF GOD THE FATHER Is acknowledging God As our creator ACCEPTING the teachings Of Jesus And LIVING our lives According to God's teachings MAY we ALL LOVE our earthly family LOVE OUR heavenly family And do THE WILL OF GOD THEN we will know We are BUILDING BOTH GOD'S earthly And heavenly kingdoms Robert P. Wallman 7-20-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Father James McKarns

No comments:

Post a Comment