Friday, July 3, 2015

GOD'S LIVING MERCY-OVERCOMES OUR DOUBT

GOD'S LIVING MERCY- OVERCOMES OUR DOUBT Do you BELIEVE In God Do you have SOME DOUBT That God exists I think That a certain amount of doubt is GOOD I think It is what MOVES US ON to even GREATER things “But Thomas said to them, 'UNLESS I see the mark Of nails In his hands And put my finger Into the nail marks And put my hand into his side I will NOT believe'” John 20:25 Talk about doubt Talk about NEEDING PROOF That God is alive That OUR Lord and SAVIOR-Jesus Is still alive “But when you ask You must believe-and NOT DOUBT Because the one Who doubts Is like a wave In the sea BLOWN and tossed By the wind” James 1:6 DOUBT can take Many forms From outright rejection To someone-and their ideas Just because You don't like them Or sometimes It is a reflexive response DEFINED by fear Because someone is different Or just looks different than us But in the ABOVE STORY Thomas' doubt is different It is MOTIVATED By the mystery of God Seeing Jesus' suffering His terrible execution-HOW can he How can my Lord STILL be alive I WANT PROOF “Jesus replied, 'TRULY-I tell you If you can have FAITH And do NOT DOUBT Not only can you Do what was done To the fig tree But also You can say to the mountain 'Go throw yourself Into the sea And it will be done” Matthew 21:21 WE KNOW you are ALIVE Dear Lord We know that your GREAT LOVE For us Has overcome All of our doubts Even death And that our doubt Can LEAD to an Even BRIGHTER outcome Because of your LIVING MERCY For us And love Dear Lord We NO LONGER DOUBT WE BELIEVE Robert P. Wallman 6-26-15 Ps TODAY is the feast day of the GREAT APOSTLE-Saint Thomas INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Amy Welborn

No comments:

Post a Comment