Monday, July 10, 2017

GOD IS THERE=IN THE ORDINARY PLACES OF MY LIFE

















GOD IS THERE=
(IN THE ORDINARY PLACES OF LIFE)


Have you EVER gone on
A RETREAT?=ONE of my
Favorite things to do


It is USUALLY in a
Secluded place and it is EASY
To FIND God there


I can ALWAYS find God there


“Truly=the Lord
Is in this place=


Although I did not know it” Genesis 28:16


But when we COME out of
Our “RETREAT HIGH”=and go back
To our EVERYDAY life=it is
NOT always quite so easy
To REMEMBER that God is there


God is there
In the ORDINARY places
Of life


Can you find God in the course
Of a MUNDANE and ordinary
Day=WHEN


We are UP to our elbows
In dishes


In the middle of spreadsheets
On the computer


Or when our baby or CHIILDREN
Are upset?
Not quite so easy then=IS IT?


It is IMPORTANT to remember
That HE is there too=in the
ORDINARY moments of our life
GOD IS EVERYWHERE!


He is in the ordinary events
Of our life=and ordinary PEOPLE
Like you and me


You don't have to be a priest
Or a minister to have God
LIVING in you


“When they saw the COURAGE
Of Peter and John


And REALIZED
That they were unschooled-ordinary men
They were astonished


And they took NOTE
That these men
Had been with Jesus” Acts 4:13


We KNOW that God is
EVERYWHWERE=he is with us=
In the kitchen-
At the office-and with us
WHEN we are with our children


He is always PRESENT with us-
If we just pay a little bit
Of attention


“Listen-my sons-to
A father's instruction


Pay ATTENTION and gain understanding” Proverbs 4:1


“Pay attention
And TURN your ear
To the saying of the wise


Apply your HEART
To what I teach” Proverbs 22:17


“We must pay
The most CAREFUL attention-
Therefore


To what we have heard
So what we
Do NOT drift away” Hebrews 2:1


We MUST pay attention to
The fact that God is there
WHEREVER I am


In church-on retreat-and in the ORDINARY
Places of my life


Dear Lord=Be with me at my “PLACE”
Wherever I am=and wherever I may GO


In the name of Jesus OUR LORD=and HIS
MOST LOVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
7-10-17




Ps Inspired by anarticle in LIVING FAITH MGAZINE by Steve Givens




No comments:

Post a Comment