Sunday, July 23, 2017

LOOKING FOR A SIGN FROM GOD

















LOOKING FOR A SIGN FROM GOD


Today we READ
About the Pharisees
And their REQUEST for
A SIGN from Jesus


“Teacher-we wish to SEE
A sign from you” Matthew 12:38


I think a lot of US
Can IDENTIFY with the Pharisees
And their request from Jesus-
I KNOW that I can


THINK about it


HOW OFTEN is it that we request
For a sign that God
REALLY EXISTS-


That we are on
The right track-


That I MAKE this decision
Or that decision-
Or that I take this road
Or the other road?


How about you? Do you
DO that? Do you TELL God
Tell Jesus-that you just
NEED to see


ONE more sign-one more MIRACLE
And then I will BELIEVE


I know that I do that=
Despite READING about all the
MIRACLES of the bible-and of Jesus


Despite having SEEN all the MIRACLES
In my life-
That I have already seen


I want a sign=I WANT
To see just one MORE miracle


LOOKING for a SIGN from God
Just ONE more Lord=and-of course-
WE WILLBELIEVE


“Therefore-the LORD HIMSELF
Will give a sign


The VIRGIN will conceive
And GIVE birth
To a son
And will CALL him IMMANUEL” Isaiah 7:14


We KNOW that happened
Some 2,000 years ago=how IS that
For a sign


“TODAY-in the town of DAVID-
A SAVIOR
Has been born to you


You will FIND
A baby wrapped in clothes
And lying in a manger” Luke 2:11-12


WHAT more of a sign
Do we need? How many MIRACLES
MUST we see?


Would ONE MORE SIGN really
Help the Pharisees to believe?
Or us?


How MUCH do we need to see?
How MANY miracles?


I walked AWAY from my deathbed
In 1977-a number of times=
I walked away from a neurological
DISORDER in 1990=that was supposed
To leave me with PERMANENT brain damage


YET here I am=the RECIPIENT
Of many miracles=and the MIRACLE
OF LIFE=
And SO are you


STILL looking from
A SIGN from GOD=YOU ARE IT!
You are GOD'S MIRACLE


“I will REMEMBER
The deeds of the LORD


YES-I will remember
YOUR MIRACLES
Of long ago” Psalm 77:11


Let us take a LONG LOOK
At the “SIGN OF JONAH”
THIS is a sign
Of death and RESURRECTION


It is
The MYSTERY STORY of our lives
The dying and RISING of us
EACH AND EVERY NEW DAY


The SIGN OF LIFE=are we
OBLIVIOUS to it?


Like Jonah=like Jesus=
We will LIVE in this life
And AGAIN in the next


In the name of JESUS=OUR LORD


Robert P. Wallman
7-23-17


Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.




No comments:

Post a Comment