Saturday, July 8, 2017

REMEMBERING THE GOODNESS OF GOD




REMEMBERING THE GOODNESS OF GOD
There is NOTHING more brighter
In my day=than waking up=
And REMEMBERING the GOODNESS
Of God
REMEMBERING all the GOOD God
Has bestowed on me in
This life=including LIFE ITSELF
"PRAISE the Lord-
For the Lord is GOOD=
Sing praise to his name
Which we LOVE"                                                                                     Psalm 135:3
We praise God because
Of the DIVINE GIFTS that
SHOW itself in the many
Gifts and BLESSINGS
We receive each day
Sometimes I think
We become UNAWARE of how much
We in fact=have been BLESSED
We FORGET how much God
Really LOVES US and how he DELIGHTS
In bestowing his GOODNESS
And BLESSINGS upon us
I think maybe today
Might be a GOOD TIME
To REMEMBER the actual BLESSINGS
He has given to us
"However=the Lord your God
Would NOT listen to Balaam
And TURNED the curse
Into a BLESSING for you
Because
The LORD your God
LOVES YOU"                                                                               Deuteronomy 23:5
"The BLESSING of the Lord
Brings wealth
Without painful toil for it"                                                          Proverbs 10:22
"I will make them
And the PLACES
Surrounding my hill
A BLESSING
I will send them
SHOWERS in season
There will be showers
Of BLESSING"                                                                                        EzeKiel 34:26
And THAT is what I think of
WHEN I think of God=
The SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS
In my life
The 40 years of EXTENDED LIFE
That I never expected to have=
The BEAUTIFUL PARENTS=sisters=
EXTENDED family=and friends=God has BLESSED
Me with=and churches
He has PROVIDED for me=LIFE=
Through all of them
I think of HOW God
Has GUIDED ME in the times=
That I have FELT LOST
And I am grateful for
The BEAUTY of the earth=and even
MY eyes=that God has given me
To OBSERVE it
There are SIGNS of GOD'S GOODNESS
All around=and the list could go
On and on
"For the Lord God
Is a SUN and a shield
The Lord BESTOWS favor and honor
No good thing
Does he withhold
From those
Whose WALK is blameless"                                                                 Psalm 84:11
"WHOEVER seeks good=finds favor=
But evil comes to those
Who search for it"                                                                       Proverbs 11:27
My DEAR FRIENDS=REMEMBER=
THE GOODNESS OF GOD
In this world
WHERE do you SEE GOD
In your life?  Where did
You find good?
How does the AWARENESS of
GOD'S GOODNESS AND LOVE
Brighten your day?
My dear friends=WHEREVER you find
GOODNESS during the course of the day=
THERE IS GOD
REMEMBER IT=in the NAME of
Jesus our Lord=and his FATHER=God
Robert P. Wallman
7-7-17
Ps         INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Kenneth
              Grabner, C.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment