Wednesday, July 19, 2017

LEARNING AND SHARING WITH JESUS

















LEARNING AND SHARING WITH JESUS


Today we read about
ONE of my most FAVORITE passages
In all the BIBLE


And one of the very FIRST
That I decided
To COMMIT to memory


“COME to me-all you who
LABOR and are BURDENED


And I will
GIVE YOU REST” Matthew 11:28


And WHO-if any of us-
Are NOT laboring and being burdened
In this crazy-mixed-up-
Daily challenging world
That we live in


Jesus does not promise us a LIFE
WITHOUT burdens-
But he is INVITING us
To bring these burdens
To him


And HE will HELP Us find some rest
In the midst of
OUR DAILY LIVES


“Truly my soul=
Finds REST in God


My salvation COMES from him” Psalm 62:1


“But he said to me-
'My GRACE is SUFFICIENT
For you


For my power
Is more perfect in weakness'


Therefore I will boast
ALL the more clearly
About my weaknesses


So that CHRIST'S POWER
May REST on me” 2 Corinthians 12:9


There ARE many yokes and burdens
In this world-and they come
IN all shapes and sizes


Sometimes we are
CONSTRAINED by financial debt
Some RELATIONSHIPS seem like
They can NEVER be straightened out


And sometimes the STRUGGLE
Is WITHIN OURSELVES
WHERE it seems PEACE OF MIND
Is almost-
IMPOSSIBLE to find


But we LEARN from Jesus
And we SHARE our burdens
With Jesus and the Father


And THEY do help us
FIND REST
They do help us
Find PEACE OF MIND


We just need
To LEARN from Jesus
We just need
To SHARE our burdens
With him


“Now if we are CHILDREN-
Then we are HEIRS-


Heirs of God
And co-heirs with Christ


If indeed
We SHARE in his sufferings
In order
That we may also
Share in his GLORY” Romans 8:17


A deeper relationship
With Jesus
Does not guarantee
A quick fix
To ALL our problems


But when we SHARE with Jesus
He walks by OUR SIDE
Sharing in and HELPING US
SHAPE our lives


And when we LEARN from Jesus
We develop a GREATER TRUST
In God-the FATHER


Dear Lord-HELP US
To live with courage
And take your YOKE
And LEARN from you


In your NAME=Jesus OUR Lord=
And the name of your GLORIOUS FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
7-19-17




Ps INSPIRED BY AN ARTICLE IN LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mark Neilsen


No comments:

Post a Comment