Saturday, December 1, 2018

JOURNAL/GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES


















JOURNAL/GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES




“I GIVE THANKS to my God for every REMEMBRANCE of you-I always PRAY WITH JOY because-of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now-BEING CONFIDENT of this-that he who BEGAN a GOOD WORK in you-will carry it on UNTIL completion in the day of Christ Jesus” Philippians 1:3-6


DO YOU REJOICE in your church or your churches as Paul did of the Philippians-WE SHOULD REJOICE in our brothers and sisters in Christ-after all we are ALL on a journey though life-and we are TAKING IT together


PERHAPS-we should take some TIME to be GRATEFUL for ALL of our brothers and sisters in Christ-
YES even the most difficult ones-for they TEACH us the most-IF we can continue to LOVE them-and we should also give thanks to our SPIRITUAL TEACHERS-and GOD and Christ-for leaving us TRUE WORDS to LIVE BY


it is A GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us-and a great day to GIVE THANKS for all of our brothers and sisters in Christ








GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES




AS I sit here
REFLECTING on my life
PREPARING to fly to Maryland
To spend THANKSGIVING
With my 2 sisters, 4 nieces
And other family members
SOME memories flash through my mind
To times gone by


Lying there
Packed in an ice bed
For two weeks---with a temperature of 108


I thank God for life


Bleeding internally
My blood count going down to three


I thank God for life


The Good Father
Asking me if I wanted to say
An act of contrition
Or say something
In my own words


Saying: “I don't think God
Wants me to die
But if he does
He must have a reason
And to please bless
My father, my mother, my 2 sisters,
My family and friends,
Because it would be harder on them
Than it would be on me
I would be gone


But if God
Wanted me to live
I would live
For me family, my friends,
And for ALL PEOPLE everywhere”


And waking up a week or two later alive


I THANK GOD FOR LIFE


“MAY you never take
One single breath for granted
God forbid
LOVE ever leave you empty handed”
(Lee Ann Womack---”I HOPE YOU DANCE”)


THANKING GOD FOR LIFE


ALL the support
I received from my parents
Never questioning---ALWAYS LOVING


I thank God for family


Two sisters---four nieces
Always giving me emotional and financial support
Always being there for me


I thank God for family


An extended family
Beyond compare


I thank God for family


Old friends
That are still there for me today


I thank God for friends


NEW friends
That I have made
From Palm Beach Gardens and beyond


I thank God for friends


People that I have met
From all over the world


I thank God for you


Priests-clergy men and women
That I have met


I thank God for GOD
I thank God for you


By human standards
My life is a total failure
No health---no money-or material possessions
No family ( wife or children )


But along the way
I FOUND GOD
I FOUND YOU


“I have learned
The secret of being content
In any and ever situation
Whether well fed or hungry
Whether living in plenty
Or in want” Philippians 4:12


“BE joyful always; PRAY continually:
GIVE THANKS in all circumstances
For this is GOD'S WILL for you
In Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 4:18


TODAY-and everyday-
And particularly
this THANKSGIVING SEASON


BE AWARE of the BLESSINGS in your life


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!-I LOVE YOU


Robert P. Wallman
11-14-11




WITNESS 1-20-13




10-31-14
and 12-1-18











No comments:

Post a Comment