Tuesday, December 18, 2018

YOUR CHRISTMAS SEASON


“Your Christmas Season”


It’s another Christmas Season
And I wonder what’s in people’s hearts
I see people rushing everywhere
They’re moving in such a hurry
I wonder if they remember what Christmas is all about
Perhaps, it could even be tearing them apart

But this poem is not to admonish anyone
It’s merely to help me to regain my perspective
To see my responsibilities, and also enjoy the fun
I’m so thankful
There’s so much fun in just being alive
On Christmas day I’m not trying to accomplish anything
I’m not trying to strive
I’m not living in the world’s competition
I’m just relaxing and enjoying myself
I’m surrounding myself with family and friends
And if I receive their presence
My Christmas will be beyond description

Sometimes I wonder if we haven’t lost the meaning of Christmas
Are we only concerned with our number of presents
Or if the present we got cost as much as what we spent
Maybe, we’re comparing our decorations to that of our neighbor
Is our Christmas wreath as pretty as the one next door
What you do and believe is what’s at the core
Of the Christmas season

In my Christmas, I want a blend
Of loving and sharing with my Family and friends
And for the one’s who are far away
The greetings we receive and the greeting we send
A nice glass of red wine
And a home-cooked meal
The opportunity to sit down and dine
And relax once more

What do you want in your Christmas season
Whatever it is
I hope it is in the true spirit of Christmas
And I hope it comes your way


12/14/1980        Robert  P.  Wallman



Today is also the feast of Saint Nicholas. The idea of Santa Claus is widely believed
To be attributed to him.  He had a great love of children.  Legend has it that he once
Saved 3 young girls from prostitution by giving them their marriage dowries.

12-24-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment