Saturday, May 11, 2019

CONFIDENCE IN US














CONFIDENCE IN US


Today=Jesus EXPRESSES CONFIDENCE
That his sheep HEAR his voice=
And FOLLOW HIM


Despite all the violence=
Calamity=and apathy in
This world right now=
I BELIEVE this world
Will eventually
GET IT RIGHT


“My sheep HEAR my voice=
I know them-
And they FOLLOW ME” John 10:27


Are you MANAGING to
FOLLOW Jesus with your life?
Are you living out of LOVE-
Out of FORGIVENESS_
Out of kindness?


You should be=Jesus BELIEVED
In you=he has CONFIDENCE
In you=in us=
That we will get it RIGHT


“For you have
Been my hope-
Sovereign LORD=


My CONFIDENCE
Since my youth” Psalm 71:5


“For the Lord
Detests the perverse


But takes the upright
Into his CONFIDENCE” Proverbs 3:32


“I am glad
I can have
COMPLETE CONFIDENCE in you” 2 Corinthians 7:16


How do we know
Whose VOICE we are following
In this world?
How do we CHOOSE between
Two goods-
That each


Have different advantages
And drawbacks
In this world?


What would Jesus
Have us do?
How can we KNOW
WHEN it his voice
And not our own?


Listen=listen for God
Listen for Jesus=PRAY and wait
For God's voice


Then MOVE in the direction=
He would have you go=
ALWAYS FOLLOW where he leads


“Moses summoned=
All Israel and said
'Hear Israel-
The decrees and laws


I declare in your
Hearing today
Learn them-and
Be sure to FOLLOW THEM” Deuteronomy 5:1


“When he brought out
All his own


He goes on ahead of them
And his sheep FOLLOW HIM


Because they KNOW his voice” John 10:4


I HEAR
Jesus' voice every day
I listen for him


I LOVE him
And I try and MOVE
In the direction
He wants me to go


We TURN to prayer
To find out-
What Jesus wants us
To do


Even when we don't
Get it exactly right-
If we are SINCERE


Some of what
He asks of us
Will GET THROUGH


We FOLLOW him
Because he is the SHEPHERD
And we are the sheep


And he has CONFIDENCE IN US
That we will get it done


In Jesus' name=and in the name of the ALMIGHTY FATHER=and their SPIRITS


Robert P. Wallman
5-11-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Aileen A. O'Donoghue

No comments:

Post a Comment