Thursday, May 9, 2019

ENGAGING WITH GOD














ENGAGING WITH GOD


I like to ENGAGE
With God every day


Engage through prayer-
Engage through writing poems=
God and Jesus are my LIFE=
MY SALVATION


“WHOEVER eats my FLESH
And drinks my BLOOD
REMAINS in me-
And I in him” John 6:56


When I am healthy=SPIRITUALLY
I like to be as CLOSE
To Jesus as possible


I read the BIBLE=I say
The ROSARY daily=I pray
To him every day


I feast on the WORDS
Of Jesus=and he REMAINS
In me-
And I=him


“REMAIN in me
And I also-
REMAIN in you


No branch can bear fruit
By itself=
It must REMAIN
In the vine


Neither can you
Bear fruit
Unless you REMAIN
In me” John 15:4


“Let no debt REMAIN outstanding
Except the continuing debt
To love one another


For whoever loves others-
Has FULFILLED the law” Romans 13:8


I love God-
I love Jesus=
And I love others=EVERY DAY
To the BEST-
Of my ability


The opposite is true=too
Whenever we are NOT-
Feeling healthy spiritually


We have a tendency
To AVOID GOD-
To avoid Jesus=
We tend to AVOID
Others as well


We BUILD a wall
Around ourselves


It is EXACTLY THEN
That we need
To stay
ENGAGED with God


To REACH OUT for him
Even more


REACHING OUT for God-
For Jesus=and others
TRYING to stay
Engaged with God


When we are engaged-
We have a SENSE
Of our own faults


And tend to be
MORE MERCIFUL
Towards the faults
Of others


Like Jesus was=
LIKE Jesus is


“Yet he was MERCIFUL
He forgave their iniquities
And did not
Destroy them


Time after time-
He restrained his anger
And did not stir up
His full wrath” Psalm 78:38


“BE MERCIFUL to
Those who doubt


Save others by
Snatching them
From the fire


To others=show MERCY
Mixed with fear--------


Hating even the clothing
Stained by corrupt flesh” Jude :22


LOOKING FORWARD to TOMORROW
When I engage with God
And Jesus=
In prayer and in LOVE


In Jesus' name=the FATHER'N NAME=and in the HOLY SPIRIT


Robert P. Wallman
5-9-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH by Elizabeth Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment