Sunday, May 19, 2019

GIVING GOD THE GLORY














GIVING GOD THE GLORY


Let's face it=we ALL
Have a certain amount
Of talent and ABILITY
In this world


DIFFERENT talents=Thank God
For that


But we need to REMEMBER-
WHERE our talent and ability
Come from


We need to remember
That EVERYTHING we have
COMES FROM God


“Not to us=O Lord
Not to us


But your NAME
Give GLORY........” Psalm 115:1


In a reading from ACTS today=
We read about Saint Paul
HEALING a cripple


And Paul implores the crowd=
“WE ARE HUMAN”


And that is
WHAT we need to remember too


No matter how GREAT
Our ability-
No matter how great
Our talent
WE ARE HUMAN


Like the PSALM says today
GIVE God the GLORY
For our abilities


“I will GLORY
In the Lord


Let the afflicted
Hear and rejoice” Psalm 34:2


“Let them
GIVE GLORY to the Lord


And proclaim his praise
In the islands” Isaiah 42:12


“When the SON of Man
Comes in his GLORY


And all the ANGELS
With him
He will sit


On his GLORIOUS throne” Matthew 25:31


GIVING God the glory
And the CREDIT
For our life-given GIFTS


I don't know about you
But sometimes I take
Too much PRIDE
In my abilities


Yes I have worked hard
All of my life
At DEVELOPING my talent
And abilities


But it was God-
Who GAVE THEM to me
And it is GOD who/it is Jesus
Who gave me
NEW LIFE
At the age of 22


It is God/Jesus
Who gives me the PATIENCE
To withstand this CHRONIC PAIN-
Everyday of my life


It is God who BLESSES ME
Everyday=
With a NEW DAY OF LIFE


“The Lord
Gives strength
To his people


The Lord
BLESSES his people
With peace” Psalm 29:11


“For there is no difference
Between Jew and Gentile--------


The same Lord
Is Lord of all
And richly BLESSES all


Who call on him” Romans 10:12


Dear Lord=TODAY we give you
The CREDIT
For our life-given abilities


TEACH us HUMILITY and help us
To use our GIFTS=every day
TO GLORIFY YOU


In Jesus' name=and in the name of our TALENT GIVING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
5-19-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Karla Manternach

No comments:

Post a Comment