Tuesday, May 21, 2019

WITH GOD'S HELP














WITH GOD'S HELP


A lot of us
In this world
Want to
RESIST GOD'S HELP


We want to INSIST-
We can do it
By ourselves=
We can do it
OUR OWN WAY


Jesus put it BLUNTLY
“Without me-
You can do NOTHING”


“Whoever remains in me-
And I in him
Will BEAR much fruit


Because without me
You can do nothing” John 15:5


It reminds me of
The STORY= where a man
Was drowning=


And the man was WAITING
For God to HELP=and
Didn't help himself


FINALLY God says=”I sent
You=three boats and a helicopter=
What more do you want?”


We all NEED God's help
To just get by=but we
Need to TAKE IT
When it comes


“You make
Your SAVING HELP my shield
Your HELP
Has made me great” 2 Samuel 22:36


“I do not
Hide your righteousness
In my heart


I speak of your faithfulness
And your SAVING HELP


I do not conceal
Your love
And your faithfulness
From the great assembly” Psalm 40:10


“........
So that the church
Can HELP THOSE widows
Who are really in need” 1 Timothy 5:16


GOD HELPS so many people
In this world
He helps them


Through churches
And he HELPS them
Through others-
With benevolent hearts


God HELPS so many people
In this world=
IF we can just open up
Our eyes=and see


WITH GOD'S HELP


With God's help=with
A WILLING heart and mind=
There is no telling
How much-
WE CAN ACCOMPLISH


Dear Lord=help us
To REMAIN UNITED with you-
So that we can accomplish things


And so our LIVES
Will BEAR FRUIT=
Fruit that will last


“Who says of Cyrus=
'He is my shepherd
And will ACCOMPLISH
All that I please


He will say of Jerusalem'
'Let it be rebuilt'


And of the temple=
'Let its foundation
BE LAID'” Isaiah 44:28


Dear Lord=we thank you
For ALL of your HELP
In this world


And all the FRUIT
That you give us


There is NO LIMIT
To what we can ACCOMPLISH
In this world=WITH YOUR HELP


In your name dear Jesus=and with THE HELP of the FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
5-21-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mark Neilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment