Saturday, June 1, 2019

TREASURING MY FRIENDS














TREASURING MY FRIENDS


I have been BLESSED
With many FRIENDS
In my life


And I TREASURE
Each and EVERY ONE
Of them


BOTH my old friends
That I have known
For a LIFETIME


And my newer friends
That I have known
For the the last seventeen years
Down here in SOUTH FLORIDA


“And I have given them
The GLORY
You gave me


So that they may
Be one-
As we are ONE


I in them
And you in me


That they may be brought
To perfection as one


That the world may KNOW
That you sent me
And that you LOVED THEM-
Even as you loved me” John 17:22-23


I miss my friends
Back=in PITTSBURGH
Even though I still
Get to see them=OCCASIONALLY


They have been so
SUPPORTIVE of me=
As my family has


I don't really feel
Like I have left
Anyone behind


I have just started
A NEW LIFE=and all
Of my friends
LIVE in my heart


TREASURING MY FRIENDS=
Both my old ones
And my new


“And if you look for it
As for silver


And search for it
As for hidden TREASURE........” Proverbs 2:4


“For where your TREASURE is
There your heart
Will be also” Matthew 6:21


“Then he went down
To Nazareth
With them


And was obedient
To them


But his mother
TREASURED all these things
In her heart” Luke 2:51


We are getting
A little OLDER now


Each=with our
Individual MALADIES


But someday=we will
All be together in HEAVEN=
Living as ONE
In the FAMILY OF GOD


“A FRIEND
Loves at all times
And a brother


Is born-
For a time of adversity” Proverbs 17:17


“And the scriptures was fulfilled
That says=


'Abraham believed God
And it was credited
To him as righteousness


And he was called-
GOD'S FRIEND'” James 2:23


TREASURING my friends NOW=
Yet knowing


Someday my OLD FRIENDS=
They were NEVER really
Left behind


And my new friend=made in
These last 17 years


Will live together as ONE-
IN PARADISE


In the name of Jesus=and God=HIS HOLY FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman
6-1-19




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIFING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. James Stephen Behrens, O.C.S.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment