Friday, July 10, 2020

SAYING THE RIGHT THING














SAYING THE RIGHT THING
(AT THE RIGHT TIME)


Have you ever said
EXACTLY the RIGHT THING
At exactly the right time


To BUILD someone up
Or ENCOURAGE SOMEONE?
It makes you feel good-
Doesn't it=
And it makes them
Feel EVEN BETTER


That is the HOLY SPIRIT
Working in you
For SOMEONE ELSE


“For it will not be you
Who speak=but the SPIRIT
Of your FATHER
Speaking through you” Matthew 10:20


I am TOUCHED by this
Gospel verse=especially when
Someone tells me
One of my poems
Really touched them


SAYING THE RIGHT THING
AT THE RIGHT TIME


And I am TOUCHED
When someone says
SOMETHING to me
That really touches me


I know that the
SPIRIT is working
Giving us
THE RIGHT WORDS
To say


Do it right
BUILD each other up
ENCOURAGE one another


“You Lord
Hear the desire
Of the afflicted


YOU ENCOURAGE THEM
And you listen to
Their cry” Psalm 10:17


“Therefore ENCOURAGE one another
With these words” 1 Thessalonians 4:18


“But ENCOURAGE one another
DAILY=as long as
It is called “Today”


So that none of you
May be hardened
By sin's deceitfulness” Hebrews 3:13


The ABILITY to use words
To build others up
Is a GIFT FROM GOD


It is a gift
To know
EXACTLY WHAT to say
And WHEN to say it


I feel UNWORTHY
To be a messenger from God
If that is
What I am=but I try to
Say SOMETHING
To LIFT each of us up


These are TOUGH TIMES
Right now=try to STAY
In the WORD OF GOD
It will help
IT HELPS ME


“Anxiety weighs down the heart
But a KIND WORD
Cheers us up” Proverbs 12:25


We TRUST
That the WORD OF GOD
Comes to each of us
When we need it


When we OPEN our HEART
To the SPIRIT


Put your doubts aside=and
Step forward in FAITH
And you will be
SAYING THE RIGHT THING
AT THE RIGHT TIME


In the names of the FATHER=the SON=and the HOLY SPIRIT=who give us words to say
And to write


Robert P. Wallman
7-10-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Deborah Meister

No comments:

Post a Comment