Saturday, July 18, 2020

THE AID OF THE SPIRIT
















THE AID OF THE SPIRIT


Have you STRUGGLED
At moments=of your life?
Who hasn't?


There are times
When it is HARD
To get through
Something difficult


HEALTH ISSUES=
Relationship problems=or
A financial crisis


Sometimes certain things are
DIFFICULT to get through=
But with the AID
OF THE SPIRIT=
We can do it
We GET HELP in our weakness


“THE SPIRIT COMES to
The AID
Of our weakness” Romans 8:26


What I have
REPEATEDLY discovered in life
Is the fact
That I don't have
To do it ALL ALONE


In fact-
I CAN'T do it all alone=
I RELY on help
Of AID
From the SPIRIT OF GOD


“I cried
Like a swift or thrush
I moaned
Like a mourning dove


My eyes grew weak
As I looked
To the heavens


I am being threatened-Lord-
COME TO MY AID” Isaiah 38:14


“For even
When I was in Thessalonica
You SENT ME AID


More than once
When I was in need” Philippians 4:16


I have experienced
GOD'S SPIRIT=
Healing me
When I was in need


And ASSISTING me through PRAYER
Often times through
The COUNSEL of a family member
Or FRIEND


God helps me
The SPIRIT HELPS me
When I am in weakness=
He comes to me


The AID of the SPIRIT
The help of the Spirit


“We wait in hope
For the Lord=
He is our HELP
And our shield” Psalm 33:20


“HELP US God our Savior
For the glory
Of your name


Deliver us
And forgive our sins
For your name's sake” Psalm 79:9


Individualism and independence
Are overrated=
When it comes
To growing SPIRITUALLY


We should never discount
The AID of the Spirit
To GUIDE US
During our times
Of weakness and need


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our EVER HELPING FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
7-18-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.





No comments:

Post a Comment