Tuesday, May 13, 2014

JOURNAL/RETURNING HOME

"MY sheep hear my voice:  I KNOW them-and they follow me-I give them ETERNAL LIFE-and they shall NEVER perish-NO ONE can take them our of my hand-MY FATHER-who has given them to me-is GREATER than all........"        John 10:27-29

GOD IS OUR ETERNAL PROTECTOR in this cruel-cold-dangerous world that we live in

IT is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE and LIVING in his ETERNAL PROTECTION for us




WITNES




8-14-13




RETURNING HOME




Picture This:


You are a parent-a man or woman
Of between 50 and 60
Your grown-up child comes to you
And says:


“Give me my share
Of the inheritance
And I will go away
And never bother you again”


You RESENT it
But you do it


And your child goes away
Spends ALL of his or her money
On gambling, drinking, and member
Of the opposite sex


The years come
And the years go
And finally your child
Comes home
And says


“I am sorry
I am no longer worthy
To be called your child”


He or she
Comes to BEG for anything
You would/or could give him


But before your child
Makes it to the door
You run to him or her
HUG them
And throw
A party for them


This is
EXACTLY the story
Of the Prodigal Son
In chapter 15 Of Saint Luke’s Gospel


Jesus tells this story
In response to the complaints
Of the Pharisees and teachers of the law
Who are complaining
About Jesus eating with sinners


“This man welcomes sinners
And eats with them” Luke 15:2


It’s terribly easy
To resent the rule breakers of society
And say
“They shouldn’t get away with it”


But if you’ve been away from God
And the church
For a long time


I invite you
To read chapter 15
Of Saint Luke’s Gospel
About one lost sheep
About one lost coin
And about one lost son
Returning home to his father


That’s the way
It is with OUR God
You always get ANOTHER CHANCE


OUR LIVES
Are all about


RETURNING HOME


Robert P. Wallman
3-14-13




Ps WITNESS 8-14-13




MISC WITNESS 5-13-14


No comments:

Post a Comment