Saturday, December 26, 2015

FOREVER TOGETHER

WITNESS 4-29-13 FOREVER TOGETHER---STEPHEN AND PAUL There are 2 men In my mind from the Bible That will be forever Linked together Stephen---the first Christian martyr Who gave up his life for Christ And Saul---later Paul Who stood by and approved Maybe, in fact, even ordered Stephen’s death Forever together You and me Forever linked with God Forever in God’s word And in God’s heart That’s the way it has to be When they began stoning Stephen As Saul stood by and watched Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus receive my spirit Lord do not hold this sin Against them” And, of course, God heard Stephen’s prayer As he hears yours and mine Out of death---grew life The death of Stephen---turned in to The life of Paul And the beginnings of Christianity Picture this You are a great hater of God And the new Christian movement You have persecuted many Christians And it is widely known As you near The end of your journey A light flashes around you---a light from Heaven You get knocked to the ground And you hear a voice say, “Saul Saul why do you persecute me Go in to the city And you will be told what to do” You slowly get up off the ground You cannot see a thing Your traveling companions Don’t know what has happened The lord sends Ananias To place hands on you Scales from Saul’s eyes fall off Saul can see again See better than ever Saul becomes baptized Filled with the Holy Spirit And has great vision for God’s new Kingdom Forever together---Stephen and Paul Out of death grows life Life and the vision for a brand new world How about you and me Can our life be converted Can our life be changed To a life devoted to God To a life of loving others Forever together---Stephen and Paul Forever together---you and me Forever together---God and us Tell me Lord---can it be “For whoever wants to save his life Will lose it But whoever loses his life for me Will find it” Matthew 16:25 Forever together Lord You---Stephen---and Paul Forever together Lord You and us Forever together Lord For out of death comes life Forever together Lord You and me Robert P. Wallman 5-11-11 Ps WITNESS 4-29-13 “But the Lord said to Ananias-“GO! This man is my CHOSEN instrument To carry my name before the GENTILES and their kings-and before the people of Israel- I will show him how much he MUST SUFER for my name” Acts 9:15-16 misc. WITNESS 1-25-14 & 12--26&27-15

No comments:

Post a Comment