Saturday, December 12, 2015

HIS WAY IS BETTER

HIS WAY IS BETTER When I was young I tried To do everything My own way And failed I had to LEARN That GOD'S WAY Is the only way The only way I even had a chance At being successful At life “Mary said, 'Behold I am the handmaid Of the Lord May it be done To me According to your WORD'” Luke 1:38 Mary's cathartic moment Came at the age of 14 or 15 HOW she had The faith- the courage- And the strength of her BELIEFS At such a young age I will never know It wasn't until age 22 And on my deathbed At that That my own cathartic moment came And I made my promise- “TO LIVE-for my family- For my friends-and ALL people everywhere” “My comfort In my suffering Is this Your promise PRESERVES my life” psalm 119:50 And I do BELIEVE That it is God Who preserves my life I have had enough things HAPPEN in my life To kill me 20 times over And yet HERE I am IT IS GOD Who preserves my life It is my covenant-my promise To God God cannot break a promise And if I can help it NEITHER can I It is God Who LOVES me Who sustains me (through my family and friends) Who has brought me To the point of age 60 To do-to go WHEREVER I am called His way-GOD'S WAY-is better At last-I know it- And I AM READY READY FOR GOD'S WAY “Show me your ways-Lord- TEACH ME your paths” psalm 25:4 “I have considered my ways And have turned my steps Into your statutes” Psalm 119:59 Your way Is RIGHT-O Lord Your way is better Your way Is the ONLY right way For me Your life May be less dramatic Than Mary's Or mine Nevertheless You are asked To put your life In the HANDS of the Lord BELIEVE That his plan is better Than the world's plan- IT IS I HOPE to Have that same FAITH As that 14-year-old Mary When I get up tomorrow And say “I am READY” To FOLLOW GOD'S PLAN For my life HS WAYS ARE BETTER” Robert P. Wallman 12-12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment