Sunday, October 22, 2017

GOD KNOWS US=BY OUR NAMES

















GOD KNOWS US=BY OUR NAMES


FAME is a wonderful thing=
EVERYONE likes=maybe=even LOVES
To be acknowledged=for
WHO they are=and what they do


Everyone wants
THEIR 15 minutes of FAME


But for me
What is really important
Is that GOD KNOWS ME
By name


He knows EVERYTHING about me
About the INNER workings
Of WHO I am=of
Who you are


It matters to me=I HOPE
It matters to you too


“I have called you
By YOUR NAME
Giving you a title
-Though you knew me not” Isaiah 45:4


GOD knows us BY OUR NAMES


YES!-far BEYOND any fleeting
Moments of “FAME”
The fact that God
KNOWS us by name


PRODUCES a deep and LASTING JOY
That comes from knowing
That we are indeed KNOWN
By the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE


“For his anger
LASTS only a moment


But his FAVOR=LASTS
A lifetime-
Weeping- may STAY
For the night


But REJOICING
COMES in the morning” Psalm 30:5


“And if what was transitory
Came with GLORY


How much GREATER
IS the glory-
Of that which LASTS” 2 Corinthians 3:11


Yes=FAME in this world
Is fleeting=but GOD knows our NAME
And our glory in him
LASTS FOREVER


He=God=reaches out
And TAPS us on the shoulder
And says:


“I know you=YOU ARE MINE=and
I have a title for you=
My sons and daughters=


BELOVED”


Yes God LOVES US
For ALL of eternity


“About Benjamin-he said-


'LET the BELOVED of the Lord
Rest SECURE in him


For he SHIELDS him-
All DAY long


And the ONE=the Lord LOVES
Rests between his shoulders'” Deuteronomy 33:12


Yes my friends=
Fame is FLEETING


But God KNOWS US=in glory
ALL the days of our lives-
And for ALL OF ETERNITY


GOD KNOWS US AND LOVES US!


Dear Lord=Please let us
HEAR your VOICE today and
Sense your touch


As you REACH out to us
And CALL US by our NAMES


In the names of Jesus our LORD and HIS
MOST HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
10-22-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Steve Givens


No comments:

Post a Comment