Friday, October 27, 2017

HELD TOGETHER BY JESUS OUR LORD



















HELD TOGETHER BY JESUS OUR LORD


I have been READING the BIBLE-
EVERY DAY for years=I have
Two bibles completely FALLING APART=
I am currently working
On a third


But I REMEBER the days
WHEN not only my bible
Was falling apart=but SO WAS I


Jesus has NOT only kept my
BIBLES together-from falling completely apart=
BUT ALSO ME


“THROUGH Jesus the WHOLE structure
Ia HELD TOGETHER-
And grows into a temple=
SACRED in the LORD” Ephesians 2:21


There is an OLD PROVERB that says=
“A bible that is FALLING APART=
Usually belongs to-
SOMEONE who isn't”


I think I am HOLDING together-
Pretty well now=THANKS to Jesus
OUR LORD


HELD TOGETHER
BY JESUS OUR LORD!


“As long as MOSES-
HELD UP his hands


The Israelites were winning=
But whenever=
He LOWERED his hands


The Amalekites were winning” Exodus 17:11


“ALL day long
I have HELD OUT my hands
To an obstinate people


Who walk in ways NOT good
PURSUING their own imaginations
--------------” Isaiah 65:2


“But CONCERNING Israel-he says=
'All day LONG-I have
HELD OUT my hands
To a disobedient and OBSTINATE PEOPLE” Romans 10:21


Yes=it is TRUE=it is JESUS=
Our Lord=that HOLDS us together


I DON'T CLAIM= to have my
Whole life together=but I would be
A lot WORSE OFF if I
Didn't read my bible=SAY my ROSARY=
And write my poems


All of that=helps me
STAY CLOSE to God


Saint Paul COMPARES Jesus to the capstone=
To the CORNERSTONE-
Of a building=that PIECE
That HOLDS it all together


“The STONE
The builders rejected
Has BECOME the cornerstone” Psalm 118:22


“Jesus said to them=
'Have you
NEVER read in the SCRIPTURES=


'The stone the BUILDERS rejected
Has become the CORNERSTONE


The Lord has done this-
And it is MARVELOUS
In our eyes'” Matthew 21:42


YES sir friends=the LORD
HOLDS us all together


So WHEN we are
FEELING BATTERED=when our lives
Are in PIECES


Let us PICK UP our bibles
And PRAY to the Lord=


“HOLD US TOGETHER=we hand the
PIECES of our LIVES to you”


In the name of the LORD=Jesus=our LORD=
And his most HEAVENLY FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
10-27-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.






No comments:

Post a Comment