Tuesday, October 31, 2017

GRATEFULLY RECEPTIVE=RELYING ON GOD FOR EVERYTHING



















GRATEFULLY RECEPTIVE=RELYING
ON GOD FOR EVERYTHING


Today we talk about the BEATITUDES
And the FIRST BEATITUDE in Matthew


“BLESSED are the poor
In SPIRIT=for theirs is
The KINGDOM OF HEAVEN” Matthew 5:3


This beatitude is an ATTRIBUTE
Of ALL the SAINTS=
Being POOR is spirit


It does NOT mean
That they are destitute
But it DOES mean
That they are GRATEFULLY RECEPTIVE
For this PRESENT MOMENT
And that they RELY on God
For everything IN their lives


This has been an ATTRIBUTE
Of my life too=pretty much
TOTALLY DEPENDENT
On God and others=for everything
IN my life


“My GOD
On whom I can RELY-
God will GO before me


And will let me gloat-
Over those who SLANDER me” Psalm 59:10


“You ARE my strength
I sing PRAISE to you


You-God-are my FORTRESS-
My God=on whom I can RELY” Psalm 59:17


“Clearly NO ONE-
Who relies on the law
Is justified before God


Because-
'The RIGHTEOUS will LIVE BY FAITH'” Galatians 7:11


The saints=OUR SAINTS
Do NOT live
With a sense of ENTITLEMENT


But a DEEP thankful wonder
For GOODNESS=as radiated by Saint FRANCIS
Of Assisi and his RELATIONSHIP with CREATION


Yes-today is not just a day=
For the CANONIZED=but those we LOVE
And who HAVE GONE to God


My father and mother-my grandparents-
Uncle John-Aunt Stella=and many others
Who are SAINTS-in their own RIGHT


We CELEBRATE ALL family and friends=
Who have JOINED the SAINTS and
We ask all of US
Who are LIVING to be
POOR IN SPIRIT-
ALONG with them


“The Lord is CLOSE
To the brokenhearted


And SAVES those
Who are CRUSHED IN SPIRIT” Psalm 34:18


“He anointed us
Set his OWNERSHIP on us
And put his SPIRIT


In our HEARTS
As a deposit-GUARANTEEING
What is to COME” 2 Corinthians 1:21-22


I/WE are GRATEFULLY RECEPTIVE for
Each and every moment
Of our LIVES


And we ARE RELYING on God=
For ALL the DAYS yet to come=
Forever and ever


In the NAMES of Jesus the SON OF GOD=
And HIS MOST HEAVENLY FATHER=AMEN


Robert P. Wallman
10-31-17





Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Patricia Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment