Wednesday, April 1, 2020

COUNTING ON OTHERS!














COUNTING ON OTHERS!


There once was a saying
“NO MAN
Is an island”


And that is so TRUE=
I have lived a life
TOTALLY DEPENDENT on God=
And I have COUNTED
ON OTHERS=
For many things in life


God and others
Have NOT
Let me down


When Abraham prostrated himself=
God spoke to him” Genesis 17:3


Abraham EXPERIENCED GOD
In today's readings=
He was DEPENDING on God too


“I am making you
The FATHER
Of a host
Of nations” Genesis 17:5


It is funny
That there is
So much DIVISION
In this world


ALL of our roots
Can be TRACED
Back to Abraham


We all NEED TO
COUNT on each other
In order to SURVIVE


In this age of
Corona virus=we are all
DEPENDING on one another


We all need to
HELP one another


“Lord my God
I called to you
FOR HELP
And you healed me” Psalm 30:2


“So do not fear
For I am with you


Do not be dismayed
For I am your God=
I will strengthen you-
AND HELP YOU” Isaiah 41:10


“In my distress
I called
To the Lord
And he answered me


From deep
In the realm of the dead
I called FOR HELP
And you
Listened to my cry” Jonah 2:2


Since my first operation
In January of 1977


I have been TOTALLY
DEPENDENT on God and others=
And God=family=and friends
Have ALL come through for me


And I HOPE I have
COME THROUGH for them in some
Ways too=
Especially in powerful PRAYERFUL PRESENCE


We are all
INTERDEPENDENT on one another


COUNTING ON OTHERS=
How valuable our
Prayerful presence is


“Hear my PRAYER-LORD=
Listen to my cry
For mercy” Psalm 86:6


“The Lord detests
The sacrifice
Of the wicked


But the PRAYER
Of the upright
Pleases him” Proverbs 15:8


In this day
Of the CORONA virus=
Let us COUNT ON
EACH OTHER=
Let us-
Lift each other up


WHEN we pray for each OTHER=
And stay at home=
And make the sacrifices
We NEED TO MAKE


In the name of Jesus=and our ALWAYS DEPENDABLE FATHER


Robert P. Wallman
4-01-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment