Sunday, May 17, 2020

OUR PLACE OF PRAYER














OUR PLACE OF PRAYER


I can pray ANYWHERE=
Ant time=but we all have
A SPECIAL PLACE=
Where we like to PRAY


I usually pray every MORNING=
Right after I send out
My poem=while watching
Religious programming=sometimes
With the sound off


“........ALONG the river
Where we thought
There would be
A PLACE OF PRAYER” Acts 16:13


Thomas Merton
Was a TRAPPIST MONK=
Yet he found a NEED
To leave the main monastery


To go off
To an ABANDONED GARDEN
To be ALONE with God


We all have
Our very own FAVORITE
Place of prayer


WHERE is your favorite place?
Where is your sanctuary?
Where is your hidden room?


Like I said=
I can pray anywhere=
But my FAVORITE PLACE


Is sitting on my couch=
LOOKING OUT the window
At the man made lake


“Hear my PRAYER Lord=
Listen to my cry
For mercy” Psalm 86:6


“The Lord detests
The sacrifice
Of the wicked


But the PRAYER
Of the upright
Pleases him” Proverbs 15:8


The TRUTH is
No matter where we pray=
WHERE we do it


God LOVES US
When we do it


He loves us ESPECIALLY
When we are ALONE
WITH HIM=
In thought and open conversation


For Paul
And his companions=
The place
Was ALONG THE RIVER


Perhaps yours is=the BIG
EASY CHAIR=by the window


Or in a chair
In the garden=
The important thing
Is that WE FIND
ALONE TIME with the FATHER
And with Jesus


“'It is written,'
He said to them
'My house
Will be called
A HOUSE OF PRAYER'


But you are making it
'A den of robbers'” Matthew 21:13


Finding a FAVORITE PLACE
OF PRAYER=
May be a challenge
But it is always
WORTH the effort


PRAYING to God the Father
And to Jesus
Is my FAVORITE PART
Of the day


I HOPE it is
Your FAVORITE TIME too=
WHEREVER you do it


In the name of Jesus=and our
ALWAYS LISTENING FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman
5-17-20




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Jennifer Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment