Thursday, November 26, 2020

GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

 





GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES

(Originally written 11-14-11)


As I sit here

Reflecting on my life

Preparing to fly to Maryland

To spend Thanksgiving

With my 2 sisters, my 4 nieces,

And other family members

Some memories flash through my mind

To times gone by


Lying there

Packed in an ice bed

For 2 weeks--------with a temperature of 108


I thank God for life


Bleeding internally

My blood count going down to 3


I thank God for life


The Good Father asking me

If I wanted to say an act of contrition

Or say something in my own words


Saying: “I don't think God

Wants me to die

But if he does

He must have a reason

And to please bless

My father, my mother, my 2 sisters,

My family and my friends,

Because it would be harder on them

Than it would be on me

I would be gone


But if God

Wanted me to life

I would live

For my family, my friends

And for all people everywhere”


And waking up a week or two later alive


I thank God for life


Spending 3 of the next 5years

Again in the hospital---in critical shape

On my birthday


I thank God for life


“May you never take

One single breath for granted

God forbid

Love ever leave you empty handed”

( Lee Ann Womack---”I HOPE YOU DANCE”


THANKING GOD FOR LIFE


All the support

I received from my parents

Never questioning---ALWAYS LOVING


I thank God for family


2 sisters---4 nieces

That give me emotional and financial support

ALWAYS being there for me


I thank God for family


An extended family

Beyond compare


I thank God for family


Old friends

That are still there for me today


I thank God for friends


New friends

That I have made from Miami

To Palm Beach Gardens and beyond


I thank God for friends


People that I have met

From all over the world


I thank God for you


Priests, clergymen and women

That I have met


I thank God for God

I thank God for you


By human standards

My life is a total failure

No health---no money or material possessions

No family ( wife or children )


But along the way

I found GOD

And I found YOU


“I have learned

The secret of being content

In any and every situation

Whether well fed or hungry

Whether living in plenty

Or in want” 1 Philippians 4:12


“Be joyful always; pray continually;

Give thanks in ALL circumstances

For this is God's will for you

In Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:18


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE---I LOVE YOU


Robert P. Wallman

11-14-11

(and recopied 11-26-20=THANKSGIVING TODAY)




FEELING as strongly as ever about this=I HAVE BEEN BLESSED!

rpw=11-26-2020


No comments:

Post a Comment