Friday, November 27, 2020

PREPARING IN PRAYER

 







PREPARING IN PRAYER


Today we START ADVENT-

And that makes it

A PERFECT TIME

To PREPARE for God

And prepare fro Jesus


To STAND vigilant against

The parts of our lives

That allow our HEARTS

To become drowsy


PREPARING IN PRAYER

For the COMING

Of our Lord=

For the coming

Of our Jesus


“Jesus said to his disciples=

'Beware that your HEARTS

Do not become drowsy

From carousing

And drunkenness


And the ANXIETIES

Of daily life'” Luke 21:34


I like to have

A good time=but NOT

To the point of excess


Not much of a partier=

Not too much

Into carousing and drunkenness


But the ANXIETIES

Of life=do get to me


That is WHY it is

A good time to PREPARE

For the coming of our LORD

IN PRAYER


“You PREPARE a table

Before me=

In the presence

Of my enemies


You anoint my head

With oil=

My cup overflows” Psalm 23:5


“Therefore this is

What I will do

To you=Israel


And because I will do

This to you Israel=

PREPARE to meet your God” Amos 4:12


“My Father's house

Has many rooms=


If that were not so-

Would I have told you

That I am going there

TO PREPARE

A place for you?” John 14:2


YES=today is ADVENT=

And our Lord is coming

To SEE US and meet us again


PREPARE IN PRAYER

For the coming

Of our Lord


Sometimes I FAIL

To let God be God

And get bogged down

In the anxieties of life


I NEED to PREPARE ROOM

For the COMING

Of our Lord=I need to PRAY


“For we are

God's handiwork-

Created in Christ Jesus


To do good works

Which GOD PREPARED

In advance=for us to do” Ephesians 2:10


REAL anxieties=needs

And relationships

TUG at our hearts


Let us PREPARE IN PRAYER

For the COMING of

Jesus Christ OUR LORD


IN JESUS' name=and in the name of our ALL LOVING=living HOLY FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman

11-27-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Kathleen Swartz McQuaig

No comments:

Post a Comment