Wednesday, November 18, 2020

TAKING DELIGHT IN US

 







TAKING DELIGHT IN US


Our Lord takes GREAT JOY=

Great delight

In his people


And he tells us this over

AND OVER=in his book

The BIBLE


One such example

Is Psalm 149


“Sing to the Lord

A NEW SONG=

Let Israel be glad

In their maker


Let them PRAISE his name=

In the festive dance=

For the Lord

LOVES HIS PEOPLE” Psalm 149:1-4


In Psalm 149

The Lord INVITES his people

To express their JOY


He tells them

That they are

CHOSEN by God


And to express joy

Even when FACING extreme difficulty


Sing=dance=

And have a CELEBRATION

For the Lord DELIGHTS IN YOU


TAKING DELIGHT IN US=

Our Lord does


“Then my soul

Will rejoice in the Lord

AND DELIGHT

In his salvation” Psalm 35:9


“Here is my servant-

Whom I uphold=

My chosen one

In whom I DELIGHT


I will put my SPIRIT

On him-

And he will bring justice

To the nations” Isaiah 42:1


“The Lord your God

Is with you=

The Mighty Warrior who saves=

He will take

Great DELIGHT in you” Zephaniah 3:17


It took me a LONG TIME

To realize=

That MY DELIGHT in life

Comes from God


It took me a long time

To APPRECIATE God and Jesus

Really loved me

FAULTS and all


WHEN we rejoice

And appreciate GOD'S LOVE=

God takes DELIGHT IN US


Smile=laugh=live with God

Our loving-living FATHER=

He rejoices in you=

He TAKES DELIGHT in you


“Love does NOT

DELIGHT in evil=

But rejoices

With the truth” 1 Corinthians 13:6


“That is why-

For Christ's sake

I DELIGHT in weaknesses=

In insults=in hardships=

In persecutions=in difficulties


For when I am weak=

Then I am strong” 2 Corinthians 12:10


We are NOT celebrating

Joy=or singing a new song=

Because we DELIGHT in our God

But because


God and Jesus

TAKES DELIGHT IN US


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our ever living=LOVING JOYOUS FATHER


Robert P. Wallman

11-18-20



Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Patricia Livingston






No comments:

Post a Comment