Monday, December 21, 2020

LET GOD TAKE THE LEAD

 










LET GOD TAKE THE LEAD


Have you ever come

To the end one the one year-

And the beginning of a new?


Or decided you are

Going to be a NEW AND IMPROVED

Version of yourself

In some area of your life


It isn't easy to see it through

It isn't easy to be an all new and improved

Version of ourself


That's WHEN we need God

To help us-and LEAD the way

And he won't let us down


Let God TAKE THE LEAD

In your life and follow closely


“I will sprinkle CLEAN WATER

Upon you to cleanse you........


And PLACE a new spirit within you

Taking from your bodies

Your stony hearts

And giving you NATURAL HEARTS” Ezekiel 36:25-26


“CREATE in me a PURE heart-

O God

And RENEW a steadfast spirit

Within me” Psalm 51:10


When I was younger and healthier

And could play sports


I always tried to improve

These days

I cannot do that


But I try EVERY DAY

To renew my spirit=to get CLOSER

To God

To try and be the best person

That I can be


But I have to tell you

I CANNOT do it alone

I let God=I let Jesus=

TAKE the lead-and I follow

As close as humanly possible

(at least I try to)


Why not

Let God take the lead

In your life too?

Let him CARRY THE BURDENS

Of your life


“EVEN to your old age

And gray hairs

I am he


I am he

Who will SUSTAIN YOU


I have made you

I will carry you

I will sustain you

And I will RESCUE YOU” Isaiah 46:4


“CARRY each others burdens

And in this way

You will FULFILL the law of Christ” Galatians 6:2


YES let God take the lead-

HELP HIM help others

Carry their burdens

If you are strong


And instead of trying to FIX yourself up

Maybe it is a good time

To let God fix you too


To let God and Jesus

FIX your defective parts

For I know=as much as I/we don't want to admit it

We ALL have them


Let us go in

For an EXTREME MAKEOVER by God

And let him fix us up


I know with me

He will have his hands full

How about with you?


Let us

LET GOD TAKE THE LEAD


Dear Lord=transform me-transform us

Into whatever you want us to be


“Do NOT conform

To the pattern of this world


But be TRANSFORMED

By the RENEWING of your mind


Then you will be able to test

And approve what God's will is

-HIS good-pleasing-and PERFECT WILL” Romans 12:2


I think REAL CHANGE

REQUIRES total effort and TOTAL SURRENDER

To God


We acknowledge

We can't improve TOTALLY

On our own


That it takes you Dear God

And Jesus our Lord

TAKING THE LEAD


Robert P. Wallman

8-18-16


Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Karla Manternach



12-21-22-2020





No comments:

Post a Comment