Thursday, December 3, 2020

LIFE IS A MARATHON

 





WITNESS


LIFE IS A MARATHON




When I was younger

One of my goals

In my life

Was to run

And complete the marathon


I got hit

With my illness

When I was 22

And have never had

The energy to do it


What I found out was

That I am still running a marathon

Just a different kind of marathon

---a spiritual marathon


A marathon---in which

We are to find God

Both in others

And in ourselves


“But those who hope

In the Lord

Will renew their strength

They will soar on wings like eagles

They will run

And not grow weary

They will walk and not be faint”


For those of you

Who actually do run marathons---physically

How great would that be


But ALL of us

Are on a spiritual journey through life


Age and illness wear us down

Financial struggles leave us breathing hard

Difficult relationships and people

Sometimes leave us feeling empty


“They will run

And not grow weary

They will walk and not be faint”


Are you serious Lord

How can that be


Love God and love others


“And as for you, brother,

Never tire of doing what is right” 2 Thessalonians 3:13


I believe

If we really and truly do this

Always do---or at least try to do---

What is right


We will

Finish the race

We will complete this marathon

We call life


“I have fought

The good fight

I have finished the race

I have kept the FAITH” 2 Timothy 4:7


With the help and grace of GOD

I’ll see you

At the finish line


Robert P. Wallman

7-27-11



Ps My thoughts and prayers are going out to the victims of the Boston Marathon

Spiritual BLESSINGS to you all



WITNESS 4-20-13


Ps “I have seen something else under the sun


The RACE is NOT to the swift-or the battle to the strong

Nor does food come to the wise-or wealth to the brilliant

Or favor to the learned

But time and chance happen to them all”

Ecclesiastes 9:11


“I have fought the good fight-I have finished the RACE-I have KEPT the faith”

2 Timothy 4:7


“Therefore-since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of WITNESSES

Let us throw off everything that hinders the sin so easily entangled

And let us run with perseverance-the RACE marked out for us”


God BLESS the city of BOSTON and the Boston marathoners



MISC WITNESS 5-29-14



9-27-14 & 7-31-16 (and 8-1-16) and 12-03-04-2020



No comments:

Post a Comment