Tuesday, October 25, 2022

FINISHING STRONG=IN THE LORD!

 

FINISHING STRONG=IN THE LORD!

 

Have YOU BUILT=

Your life=on

The TEACHINGS of Jesus?

 

Have you built your life

ON GOD’S LOVE?

If so=FINISH STRONG

FINISHING STRONG=IN THE LORD!

Have faith

 

“I am already-

Being poured out-

Like a libation

 

And the time=of my departure

IS AT HAND

 

I have competed well=

I have=finished the race

I have

KEPT THE FAITH!”                                                                                                             2 Timothy 4:6-7

 

How about you=

Are you=

FINISHING STRONG=In the Lord?

Do you have

ENOUGH FAITH=to see you

Through to the end?

BUILT TO LAST!

 

Pauls’ second letter

To Timothy=reads like

Saint Paul’s LAT WILL and testament=

The DEATH of Paul

Is imminent

 

Pauls’ time is SHORT=

And he knows it=

But it is not death=

It is a DEPARTURE

 

His WORDS about Christ

Will last AN ETERNITY

FINISHING STRONG=IN THE LORD!

 

“My food’=said Jesus

‘Is to do the WILL=of him

Who sent me

And to FINISH=HIS WORK’”                                                                                                      John 4:34

 

“However I consider

My life worth nothing

To me

 

My only aim

Is to FINISH THE RACE=

And complete  the task

The Lord has given me--------

 

The task of

Testifying to the good news

Of God’s grace”                                                                                                                         Acts 20:24

 

I love sports=DON’T YOU?

And Paul uses eloquent words

To COMPARE=THE CHRISTIAN LIFE

To an athletic event

 

He=Paul

Is FILLED with perseverance

To finish the race

THE MARATHON=of his Christian TESTIMONY

 

NOTHING is wasted by Paul=

All is on the line

For him=to FINISH THE RACE

 

“LET PERSEVERANCE=FINISH its work

So that you may be

Mature and complete=NOT lacking anything”                                                                              James 1:4

 

Dear Lord=we PRAY

That we all know

We will FACE DEATH=one day

 

Please help us

TO FINISH STRONG=IN THE LORD!

Like the great Saint Paul=and Jesus himself

 

And die in faith=let our faith

Pull us=THROUGH THE FINISH LINE

FINISHING STRONG=IN THE LORD!

 

In Jesus’ name=and in the name=of our ALWAYS FAITHFUL=Holy Father God!

 

Robert P. Wallman

10-23-2022

 

 

Ps       INSPIRED=by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE=by Pat Gohn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment