Sunday, March 20, 2016

IN TIMES OF SUFFERING........

IN TIMES OF SUFFERING …..... In times of suffering Don't do it alone That is-IF You can help it I think- Maybe the saddest time In the history of mankind Is Jesus- In the “Agony in the Garden” When every last friend And disciple deserted him “Father- If you are willing Take this cup Away from me Still-NOT my will But yours be done” Luke 22:42 Up until that time Jesus appeared-strong- And in control As many of us are When times Are going well I don't know WHERE he found the strength To carry us To CARRY THIS WORLD When he was all alone I have often PRAYED That if I had lived At that time I would not Have deserted him ONLY God knows for SURE But maybe That is why I have had The life that I have had “Keep watch-and pray That you Will not fall Into temptation The spirit is willing But the flesh is weak” Mark 14:38 I just don't know WHERE he found the strength To carry us all Even still carrying us today- In this modern day 21st century “The Lord Is my STRENGTH And my shield My heart trusts in him And he HELPS ME My heart Leaps for joy And with my song I praise him” Psalm 28:7 “LOOK to the Lord And his strength SEEK his face always” Psalm 105:4 “For the foolishness of God Is wiser than human wisdom And the weakness of God Is stronger than human strength” 1 Corinthians 1:25 I PRAY That you will NEVER be alone And I know that you won't Because the SPIRIT of God The Spirit of Jesus Will be with you He never leaves Any of us alone And I will be with you In heart and in spirit PRAYING FOR YOU Jesus wanted/needed Just one disciple To NOTICE his pain They ALL let him down Let us NOT let him down In this-the 21st century And so- As we FINISH our Lenten journey-I PRAY That you-along with myself And countless brothers and sisters Pick up our brothers and sisters IN NEED-and are suffering alone Jesus would NEVER Let anyone suffer alone Let us Not do so either In Jesus' name Robert P. Wallman 3-19-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Martin Pable, O.F.M. Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment