Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU-MAKES YOU STRONGER

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER I am sure You have heard the saying: “What doesn't kill you- ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER” I am LIVING PROOF That that saying is true Because when I was A completely broken human being And on the flat of my back God picked me up SHOWED me which way to go And my life has become LIVING PROOF-for God That you can get back up That you CAN keep moving forward And that you can USE Your past suffering As a motivating force for you “........'he Lord said to Moses 'Make a saraph And mount it on a pole And whoever looks at it After being bitten-WILL LIVE” Numbers 21:8 So whatever battles you are fighting I assure you You can beat them Or at least SURVIVE them With God's HELP USE your past sufferings As a motivating force “Forget the former things Do NOT dwell on the past” Isaiah 43:18 “........ For past troubles Will be forgotten And hidden from my eyes” Isaiah 65:16 The Israelites in today's reading Would be WISE To REMEMBER that saying: “Whatever doesn't kill you Makes you stronger” They hate the food They have been given They have been bitten By snakes And they cry out To God Moses wraps a snake Around the pole And whoever looks at it-LIVES We NEED to use our past- Whatever we faced As a motivating force To keep moving toward God Keep looking at Whatever is in your past Whatever you need To keep moving forward Whatever that past obstacle is DRAW a picture in your mind BE POSITIVE You can OVERCOME Your past obstacles and sufferings With God Our God Is a God of great mercy And grace The Israelites did it I walked away From almost losing my life- Losing my job- Losing an important relationship To LIVE every day With a chronic illness and pain MOVE to the future With HOPE Move to the future With God's grace and mercy “Now this is our boast Our conscience TESTIFIES That we have conducted ourselves In the world And especially In our relationship With you With integrity and godly sincerity We have done so Relying not on worldly wisdom But on GOD'S GRACE” 2 Corinthians 1:12 USE your sufferings As a motivating force For you WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER YES-you can do it WITH GOD'S HELP Robert P. Wallman 3-15-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Claire J. King

No comments:

Post a Comment