Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SET YOURSELF FREE=FORGIVE

SET YOURSELF FREE=FORGIVE FORGIVENESS=one of the hardest things To do in life Yet something that we MUST do OVER and over and over again If we are to be FREE From encumbrances Free to live our lives- For if we do NOT forgive We put ourselves in prison A prison Of our own making “Jesus answered, 'I say to you- NOT seven times- But seventy-seven times'” Matthew 18:22 We have MANY reasons That we rationalize to ourselves As to WHY-we don't forgive “You don't know How BADLY they hurt me” “If I forgive them- I am condoning their behavior” “They are not sorry- They don't deserve my forgiveness” Set yourself free-FORGIVE DON'T be a prisoner Of yourself-of your own FREE WILL “He upholds The cause of the oppressed And gives food To the hungry The Lord SETS PRISONERS FREE” Psalm 146:7 “The SPIRIT of the Lord Is on me Because he has anointed me To PROCLAIM The good news To the poor He has SENT me To PROCLAIM FREEDOM For the prisoners And recovery of sight For the blind To set the oppressed free To proclaim the year Of the LORD'S FAVOR” Luke 4:18-19 Set yourself FREE and FORGIVE- The Lord already has FORGIVENESS does NOT mean Approving of someone else's bad behavior And it DOESN'T mean That you are going to continue To let someone else hurt you It doesn't even mean You are going to CONTINUE To be in close relationship with someone It just means we are Letting ourselves OFF THE HOOK For PAST PAIN that we have felt “Oh my anguish-my anguish I WRITHE in pain Oh the agony of my HEART! My heart pounds within me I cannot keep silent For I have heard The sound of the trumpet I have heard The battle cry” Jeremiah 5:19 “WHY is my pain unending And my wound- Grievous and incurable You are to me Like a deceptive brook Like a spring that fails” Jeremiah 15:18 SET yourself free-FORGIVE WHEN we turn that person Or that situation-over to God We can GET ON With the LIVING of our lives Forgiveness-IS NOT About the other person IT IS ABOUT YOU Forgive as many times As you need to- In order to FEEL FREE AGAIN WHATEVER is holding you back- LET IT GO TODAY In Jesus' name-WE PRAY Robert P. Wallman 2-29-16 INSPIRED by KRISTIN ARMSTRONG of LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE

No comments:

Post a Comment