Thursday, August 18, 2016

LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR

LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR Life isn't always fair SOMETIMES we get the short end Of the stick And sometimes we get the LONG END Take the parable in Matthew chapter 20 The LAND OWNER hires various workers- At 9am-noon-3pm-and 5pm for example And he pays them all The SAME AMOUNT At closing time To some-this is UNFAIR And they complain to the land owner Jesus' response: “BUT he answered them, 'I am NOT being unfair To you-friend Didn't you agree To work for a denarius? Take your pay and go I want to give the one Who was hired last The same as I gave you Don't I have a right To do what I want With my own money? Or are you envious Because I am generous?” Matthew 20:13-14 God-Jesus-PROVES once again That HIS way and man's ways Are NOT the same Jesus is the GREAT EQUALIZER God is fair-Jesus is FAIR To all It makes no difference- As to WHEN we come to God As long as we DO COME The GOOD SHEPHERD lays down His life NOT so with the hired hand Only God-only OUR Jesus- Has the great GENEROSITY to give Us life for life- And LOVE FOR LOVE and more “I am the GOOD shepherd I KNOW my sheep And my sheep know me -Just as the Father knows me And I know the Father And I lay down my life For my sheep” John 10:14-15 Life isn't always fair We can RUN into bad shepherds Or a bad hired hand ANYONE can be bad: A priest-a parent-a doctor-or Even a friend But our God-our Jesus-IS ALWAYS FAIR We always get MORE than our fair share With the Lord-we always get- Our fair equity Just keep in mind that God's ways Jesus' ways-are NOT our ways As the above example shows Nevertheless-God meets us individually And gives us even more- Than we can ever HOPE to get From someone else LIFE ISN'T FAIR But God is And his ways are more than GENEROUS With us “SHOW us your ways-Lord- Teach me your paths” Psalm 25:4 “For your ways Are in FULL VIEW Of the Lord And he examines ALL your paths” Proverbs 5:21 Our God-our Jesus Is the GOOD SHEPHERD He is WORTH all of our trust Because he walks with us And is ALWAYS FAIR with us He enters the valley Of the shadow of death with us And our Jesus-is ALWAYS MERCIFUL Life isn't always fair But our God and Jesus sure are They are ALWAYS more than GENEROUS WITH US Robert P. Wallman 8-17-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Eva Tushnet

No comments:

Post a Comment