Wednesday, August 24, 2016

ONE IN THE LORD=A JOURNEY TO UNITY AND TRUTH

ONE IN THE LORD= A JOURNEY TO UNITY AND TRUTH I have a question for you- Are you a DUPLICITOUS person? I hope not Because that is NOT a good thing We are to be ONE-one With the Lord As we travel towards UNITY AND TRUTH-in the Lord Jesus In this world “He is a TRUE CHILD Of Israel There is NO duplicity In him” John 1:47 Jesus was speaking of Nathanael= One of the original apostles= And a TRUE child of God And that is what he wants us To be=TRUE CHRISTIANS= ONE with God=one with Jesus- A true child of God Duplicity implies deception And also division and separation We are to be UNIFIED One with God-and- One with each other We are ALL to leave Our duplicitous qualities behind For we are all On a journey to be ONE with God and one With each other IN UNITY AND TRUTH “How good and pleasant It is-WHEN God's people Live TOGETHER in unity” Psalm 133;1 “I have given them The GLORY-that you gave me That they may be ONE As we are one- I in them-and you in me So that they may be Brought to COMPLETE UNITY Then the world will know That you sent me And have loved them- Even as you have loved me” John 17:22-23 Which leads us to beg this question: How did we human beings- Screw this up so badly? How did we get so lost From oneness-from UNITY-from truth- From love and honesty? There are OVER 40,000 religions In this world-MOST of them Christian- And I have to say It has something to do with Our own selfishness-with our own dishonesty With God and each other-EVEN with OURSELVES We NEED to live in honesty And in truth We need to get back To BEING ONE with the Lord And one with each other On our journey to finding UNITY AND TRUTH Perhaps a little more Nathaniel in us And a little less deception and duplicity “God did this So that-two unchangeable things In which It is IMPOSSIBLE for God To lie........” Hebrews 6:18 “GUIDE ME in your truth And teach me For you are God-my SAVIOR- And my hope is in you ALL day long” Psalm 25:5 UNITY means-everything Is in its proper place And can only happen when we ARE in a right relationship With God and Jesus My FRIEND=Jesus WON the battle In life=of unity and truth- And EVERY selfish impulse Let us FOLLOW HIM-Nathanael-and The other apostles on our journey to being: ONE WITH THE LORD Robert P. Wallman 8-23-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAZAZINE by Mary Marrocco

No comments:

Post a Comment