Wednesday, August 17, 2016

WHAT WE WANT=WHAT WE NEED

WHAT WE WANT=WHAT WE NEED I have found out in life That God has NOT always Given me what I prayed for Or even what I thought I needed I have FOUND that through others- FAMILY AND FRIENDS-sometimes someone- I hardly know That God has always PROVIDED for me Has given me What I NEEDED To sustain me in life He has GIVEN me What I needed and I am sure He will do The same for you “Jesus said to his disciples, 'Amen-I say to you It will be hard for one Who is rich To enter The KINGDOM of heaven'” Matthew 19:23 What would you Rather have? Be rich in this world- Or live ETERNALLY in heaven With God and Jesus Of course-there is NO GUARANTEE At this point-that I will Live in eternity with God Nevertheless-I made my decision A long time ago I wanted a wife and a family I wanted a successful career NONE of which-I have-in this life Yet I am-I have found myself- CONTENT to live WITHIN the circle OF GOD'S LOVE What I wanted-ISN'T- What I need- And I have found God has ALWAYS PROVIDED What I need Abraham was tested=he was Asked to SACRIFICE his only son Isaac “Abraham answered, 'God himself WILL PROVIDE the lamb For the burnt offering, My son' And the two of them Went on together” Genesis 22:8 “So Abraham Called the place The Lord Will Provide And to this day-it is said- 'On the mountain Of the Lord It will be provided'” Genesis 22:14 Most of us in life At some point Think that material wealth Is the KEY to happiness NOT SO-I have found- And the Lord himself tells us- Over and over- That material welfare=and a life With the Lord in heaven Are mutually exclusive “Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'TRULY I tell you It is hard For someone who is rich To enter the kingdom of heaven Again I tell you It is easier for a camel To go through the eye Of a needle Than for someone Who is rich To enter the kingdom of God'” Matthew 19:23-24 Dear friends-like many of you- I started out with the AMERICAN DREAM Health problems and issues Made this impossible for me What I found was-that THE LOVE OF GOD- The love of family and friends- And the KINDNESSES of this world Has made ALL the difference What we want-isn't- Always what we need Like Abraham- THE LORD WILL PROVIDE Robert P. Wallman 8-16-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Claire J. King

No comments:

Post a Comment