Sunday, August 14, 2016

LOVE=A DREAM WORTH LIVING

JOURNAL-LOVE-THE ONLY DREAM WORTH LIVING “The Lord is my SHEPHERD; I shall not want IN VERDANT PASTURES-he gives me repose Beside RESTFUL WATERS he leads me He REFRESHES my SOUL” Psalm 23:1-3 I have ALWAYS LOVED the 23rd psalm-WHERE do you FIND the VERDANT PASTURES in your life-or the RESTFUL WATERS FOR me-it is in my home-in my bedroom at rest-or WHEN I FIND the time to write new poetry-while looking at the lake outside of my apartment-or WHEN at the OCEAN-wherever it is for you-I am sure that it is a place that BRINGS you peace-and I AM SURE that it is a place that reminds you of HOW MUCH LOVE God has for you-as it does me it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us and a great day to RECOGNIZE the green pastures and fresh waters-and SPEND TIME with God there today LOVE-A DREAM WORTH LIVING “IF I have ALL FAITH So as to move mountains But I do not have love I AM NOTHING” 1 Corinthians 13:2 WHEN I was younger In my late teens In my early 20's I had a PLAN A And Plan A Was to meet someone Settle down Have a family and a career And LIVE HAPPILY ever after And I am SURE There are those of you That had that same dream As I It's funny HOW things work out MY WHOLE LIFE Changed on my 22nd birthday With an operation AND GOD Brought me back to him And maybe GOD HAS BROUGHT YOU Back to him In some other way I HOPE SO For there are many of us Out there Who have lost track Of themselves And their dreams Of CHANGING the world By living the wrong dream And they can't FIND THEIR WAY Back to God Love is THE ONLY DREAM Worth living “LOVE is patient Love is kind It does not envy It does not boast It is not proud It is not rude It is not self seeking It is NOT easily angered It KEEPS no record Of wrongs LOVE does not delight In evil But REJOICES With the truth IT ALWAYS PROTECTS Always trusts Always hopes Always perseveres LOVE NEVER FAILS” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 As we Go about our journey In life We forget That love THE GIVING AND RECEIVING Of love IS the only dream Worth living NO OTHER Kind of investment Of our time and treasure WILL BRING us peace The funny thing About love Is that The more we give THE MORE we have to give GOD-YOU ARE LOVE YOU ARE my very life You are the ONLY DREAM Worth Living Robert P. Wallman 9-17-14 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Steve Givens 11-12-14 & 8-14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment